What's new

My 8th Anniversary at the HTF (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm coming up on my 8th as well. :) I've participated in other forums, but once I pass on or learn the knowledge I joined to pass on/learn, I usually don't go back. But this place is like a comfortable pub filled with like-minded (at least when it comes to HT) friends who are always willing to engage in intelligent discussion. I came here originally to learn a thing or two about Home Theater, but I continued to stay and participate on a nearly daily basis because of the intelligence of the membership, the quality of the administration, and the quantity and reliability of the information.
Either that, or I stuck around because of the toilet paper thread. I'm not sure, anymore. ;)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
TonyD said:
i'm 7 this month.
but i'm certtain i signed up earlier then that under a different name.
i think i lost my screen name or password and just signed up again.
i know i was reading this forum well before 1999.
Yep, I did the same thing. I've probably already passed year number eight if I go by whatever my old screen name was.
The sad part is I didn't finally finish up my home theater until this year.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Either that, or I stuck around because of the toilet paper thread. I'm not sure, anymore.
Participating in the infamous toilet paper thread is a real gauge if a person is a certified veteran at HTF. For those of you who are not familiar with this thread, there was a long thread on the subject of how you prefer that the rolls of toilet paper are placed on the roller - the flap over the top or under, hanging down. I remember voting hanging down. Does anyone else remember how they voted?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I vaguely remember the thread but not sure if I ever voted... I think I was a bit more obscure back then...trying to remain, under the radar..

As far as TP, no cats, I would put the roll over the top, normally, but right now with my house and the lack of horizontal clearance for my toilet installation, I have my TP hanger on the upper right hand corner of the side of my vanity which is next to my Toto Drake. Hence, it's kind of a bit close without much clearance so to help with the TP removal procedure, my TP is now rolling with the endsheet to the wall or in my case, the side of my vanity. With the endsheet on the outside, I'd have to contort myself a little more...

Jay

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The toilet paper thread is a good indicator of how long you have been here. I started it and it took off like nobody's business. It was quite the funny thing back then. It lead to different soundfields in bathrooms, levels of bass and surround mixes.
It was a hoot to be sure.
But only the die-hard HTF members will also remember the less famous, but even funnier "mustard thread". The one where I got called on the carpet by members that could not see a metaphor if their life depended on it. That one lives on in my memory.
"Why do you allow that Knapp guy to post about mustard?" hahaha. The entire thread was based on the fact that I wanted Frenchs to redesign their mustard container to fit my fridge just like hollywood was re-designing the films to fit our TV's.
Some people did not see the irony or get the humor.
Iv'e been here since dirt. :) The place still looks good.
Mike

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
But only the die-hard HTF members will also remember the less famous, but even funnier "mustard thread". The one where I got called on the carpet by members that could not see a metaphor if their life depended on it. That one lives on in my memory.
I had almost forgotten that one. Good to "see" you again, Mike. It's fun to reminisce, but it is sad to think that a mere 8 years ago, seems like ancient history. Thanks for taking us back to the early years of HTF.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me note that if not for Mike Knapp, this forum
would have never evolved so quickly from its primitive form.
We owe much to you, Mike! Merry Christmas!

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks to everyone. Ron, you are too generous, I just hopped on at the right time for the thrill ride! But I appreciate your comments.

Someone pass the mustard, I need to use some toilet paper.

Mike

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty MI started a thread asking how I could convince my wife I needed a subwoofer. Someone replied that I should just go buy it and tell her it was a dehumidifier. My wife and I really liked that reply. So now when we hear the subwoofer kicking in, one of us will say, the dehumidifier is turning on.
htf_images_smilies_laugh.gif
:emoji_thumbsup: Great story, Marty!

I love sitting around listening to the old folks "spin their yarns"!
htf_images_smilies_biggrin.gif
And now seven years later (from the start of this thread), I've become one of the old guys...

My 12th anniversary on the forum just passed quietly by me last month.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'd read the forum off and on for a while, but having only been active for about the past three years (and maybe not even that long), it's easy to forget that all of this, and more, has been going on for so many years.

We raise our glasses to you, sir!

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
15 years (or more) for me now.

I still read here, but seldom post.

It is good to see all the "vintage" members that are still active here.

Maybe, I will have a better look around and try to be helpful. Im not sure I can help out with the tech stuff anymore, but I can philosophize my ass off. :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mike Knapp said:

Maybe, I will have a better look around and try to be helpful. Im not sure I can help out with the tech stuff anymore, but I can philosophize my ass off. :D
Mike,

It's great to see a post from you! Feel free to philosophize any time!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Mike Knapp said:

Mike, you know we don't actually force your posts to be productive around here.. hang around and BS all you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks