What's new

Music in MP3 (1 Viewer)

MartinShaver

Agent
I converted all my music from cds to MP3's and have a problem. There is volume differences between albums and would like to keep everything uniform. Is there a program out there that you guys use to adjust this?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've been doing it myself. I have music playing a lot on shuffle and when a song comes through that is too high or low, i find the entire album and adjust it in iTunes. It has been simpler than I expected, even with 1,100 albums, since most don't really need it.

The app linked above sounds promising though. The "Sound Check" in iTunes is worthless, especially if you listen to anything other than Pop music.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
does this adjustment effect the mix or anything at all? I just bump the volume up or down on my player.

dberthia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave
If you're not concerned with video and don't buy things through the iTunes store, I highly suggest ditching iTunes and trying MediaMonkey. I recently made the switch, and have not regretted it for a minute. It supports iPod synching, volume leveling, and a number of other features not present in iTunes. No, I have no vested interest in promoting them, other than I've found it a much more satisfying experience than iTunes.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I use Mediamonkey for cleaning up tags and converting formats. A good piece of software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks