What's new

Murder, She Wrote: Complete Series 10/1/13 (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
LOL - the only show that i watched many many times is star trek. (kirk spock mccoy)

but i dont think i can recall details about an episode like you can.

not at least without starting to watch it again.

i had not seen it for over 10 years though, until i recently got the dvds within the past couple of years.

and i was only so-so at recalling details.

i think i mainly recall the overall picture of the show, and the life lessons that i learned.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
fish story - very good

i liked fell as the police captain

and grady always does a good job portraying his character.

his fiancee did a very good job with her character

and brenda vacarro did very well - i felt like giving her a few slaps !!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
showdown - good episode

i was sorta expecting jill to run into marty when she and jessica were walking at the end

so that jill could have gotten some closure or some sort of explanation

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Michael Horton (Grady) and Debbie Zipp (Donna) married each other in real life just as their characters will do in season five (of course, there's a murder at the wedding that Jessica has to solve). I thought Sonny Bono was simply awful as the other restaurateur, but I agree Brenda Vacarro played her snarky part so well that she deserved a comeuppance (which she never got).

The mystery in "Showdown in Saskatchewan" was a superb one. The personal stuff with Jill and Marty didn't interest me much (and the resolution letting Marty off the hook for his personal two-timing even if he did allow Boone to win the big prize purse was not adequate compensation for his betrayal), but this was one episode that had me totally stumped until Jessica sorted everything out.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i agree with you about sonny - he is not that good of an actor

grady and donna actually married in real life ? that is cute !!

i agree with you about the betrayal, which is why i thought the show should have done something at the end.

the way it was, it sorta okayed it.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
deadpan -

mixed feelings.

the end of it seemed too childish or predictable.

rich little can not act. they were just taking advantage of his name and impersonation ability.

i liked dean stockwell in quantum leap, but he looked like al all over again here.

it was still reasonably enjoyable, but i would certainly rate this lower than the average episode.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
body politic

very good episode

the scary thing is that i suspect in real politics that the people are even worse !!

the only unbelievable thing is shirley jones being married to eddie albert - sorry, but my imagination cant stretch that far !!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I despised the childish rivalry between the two drama critics in this; they seemed like children arguing in a sandbox, and the murdered critic said to be the foremost critic in NYC and who had such a tough demeanor is like no drama critic I've ever been acquainted with. He seemed more like a dock worker in his language and demeanor. Dean Stockwell's critic was so supercilious that one felt no pity or remorse about him.

The Shirley Jones-Eddie Albert hour contained a very good mystery and some honest looks at the backbiting and skullduggery that can go on behind the scenes of these organizations.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
jimmyjet said:
the only unbelievable thing is shirley jones being married to eddie albert - sorry, but my imagination cant stretch that far !!
I know. It's like trying to imagine Shirley Jones being married to Marty Ingels! ;)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
started season 5

jailbird

good episode

i see len cariou in a lot of different roles

from my memory, i think he always does a good acting job

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Of course, Len starred with Angela in the original stage version of Sweeney Todd, so it's no surprise she would find something for her great friend to do on her series (George Hearn, who replaced Cariou in Sweeney on Broadway and went on tour with Angela in it, was also found roles on the series).

I loved "J.B. as in Jailbird" as the season premiere that year. It's a good mystery (even if the idea of the surprise loot is swiped from Charade) and Jessica's discomfort is always good for some amusement.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i was touched by an angel by this one

i seem to recall leann hunley pretty well ( she was on hth and dynasty)

conrad janis is another one of those actors that i see all everywhere - he must be considered to be good. i tend to always like him

boy, i could barely recognize rick jason from combat. his voice was the same. but his face looked so different ?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Is this the one with Jamie Farr as the guy wanting to be her new agent? Didn't like him much in the episode, and thought the mystery was only fair. There are better episodes to come this season.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
yes.

they are starting to have intelligent cops on much more, now.

intelligent banter between them is far superior than having some dumdum cop.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
come to think of it, leann hunley has sorta wide-set eyes, much like lauren bacall.

and somewhat similarly shaped faces ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
penroy

i like amos' replacement much better.

but that is about all i can say about this one - i found it really dumb. (the story, not necessarily the acting)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, another more light-hearted episode with addlepated sisters burying bodies just like in Arsenic and Old Lace. Not a favorite.

Ron Masak as Mort Metzger isn't as bird-brained as Sheriff Tupper (Deputy Floyd serves that purpose for the next few seasons until he's replaced by Deputy Andy), but he's just as clueless about finding the bad guys. Jessica is a necessity to law enforcement in Cabot Cove. By the end of the run, he actively seeks her out for help any time there is a murder.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i dont mind that so much. just so long as he isnt a dummy.

they want their main star solving the mystery. and since she isnt a cop, they have to have some way of bringing her in.

an experienced consultant is a decent way of doing so, which is sorta what they have her doing.

i have a hard time believing any sheriff is dumb like amos !!

i just wonder if tom bosley got tired of doing that ??

plus, even as a kid, i never liked the three stooges, or other sort of slapstick silliness.

it is more annoying to me than funny.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
snow white

good episode

emma samms sure has a pretty face

she did a good job, and is probably a good actress

she just didnt have the bite to take over as fallon in dynasty. wrong choice of actress, imo, for that part.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, she was all wrong for Fallon from accent to demeanor, she was just a very poor fit.

I do remember Emma Sams on the show, but I'll have to look this episode up and give it a spin to bring it back to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks