What's new

Murder, He Says on TCM tonight! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET. This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years.

Crawdaddy

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ChuckWL

Robert, this is not available on Dvd, correct? I set my DVR and thank you for the heads up!

Sarah

Right, it isn't available on DVD which is why I gave this heads up. Also, last night was the first time it was shown on TCM. I haven't seen this film in many years and have been trying to do so for a long time. I made a DVR-R of it too.

Crawdaddy

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Hi Crawdaddy,

I want to thank you for the heads-up, too. I have the film saved on my TIVO; I'll make the DVD-R later.

Your heads-up helped me avoid "Murphy's Law". Normally, I'll read about a film here after it has already aired, add it to my TIVO wish list, and wait for seemingly months & months for another airing.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival.

Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

ChuckWL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

A great comedy "Murder, He Says" is being broadcast tonight on Turner Classic Movies at 10:00 p.m. ET. This movie has been rarely shown over the last several years.

Crawdaddy

Thanks again Robert this was a real treat!

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Originally Posted by Peter M Fitzgerald

By all rights, seeing that they have a good print of this Paramount film owned by Universal, they should release this as a solo TCM Vault Collection title (on a pressed DVD), as they've already done with REMEMBER THE NIGHT... especially since its so highly regarded, and got --according to Robert Osbourne himself, in the intro segment-- such a great reaction (from a crowded screening) at the recent TCM Classic Film Festival.

Anyway, I've got my DVD-R copy now, just in case the above scenario doesn't happen.

[COLOR= #0000cd]Given that Universal has a ton of excellent MacMurray Paramount vehicles, it would make much more sense for them to do a boxed set. He still has tons of fans just from MY THREE SONS and his Disney pictures.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000cd]Mike S.[/COLOR]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks