1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Muppets Most Wanted Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yavin, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Yavin

Yavin Well-Known Member

Ben Mk
    4 out of 5.

This is a great film to pick yourself up out of a bad mood. Just lots of silly fun and amazing songs, especially if you're a Flight of the Conchords fan. I thought it absolutely blew away the songs from the previous Muppets film. More in my full review.

2. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Well-Known Member

Well, I hope the trailer doesn't damage this films box office potential, because it came off rather flat in the preview that I saw in front of Peabody and Sherman.

3. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Saw it today with my 3.5 year old. I liked it. I probably liked it a little more than the last one (probably because it was much less Walter focused.)I liked Constantine's attempts to impersonate Kermit ("I am keeerrmuit")Definitely owes a debt to "The Great Muppet Caper" (even to a shot or two that directly recalled that movie)Only thing that bothers me is that they never could quite get down the post Jim Henson Kermit voice. It seems like an unfair criticism, but the person who took over Fozzie and Miss Piggy is indistinguishable from Frank Oz.Apparently though it only made 16.5m this weekend according to IMDB.

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew
    It might have done better if there hadn't been a glut of family-oriented films in competition.

This one's a keeper. The songs are better here than in The Muppets (and this is the last time I'll point out that there was supposed to be a point to "Let's Talk About Me," but it ended up in the "deleted scenes" section of the Blu-Ray), and there are some technically impressive moments of puppetry in the Ricky Gervais/Gonzo duet. And there is a joke involving A Chorus Line that I absolutely went hog wild over. I loved the Celine Dion cameo, and I'm usually not a fan of hers. Jason Segel and Amy Adams' characters weren't really needed here. My only regret is that they didn't include more of the actual Muppet Show performances, considering this and its predecessor are "The Muppet Show Movie" in a way the Henson-era and subsequent theatrical films were not.

There is one song from an earlier Muppet movie, and I won't reveal which one it is. But it's not from The Great Muppet Caper.

4/5

5. Mike Ouellet

Mike Ouellet Well-Known Member

MIke
    Songs were good.
    I'm a huge Kermit fan. The evil frog character was hilarious. These movies are always good. Muppets from space might still be one of my favourites though.

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Well-Known Member

Lou Sytsma
    Enjoyed it more than the previous one. The Gulag prisoners were a hoot.