What's new

Multi-zone home theater (1 Viewer)

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Hah, good luck with them!I'll look in craigslist for used ones but only brands I know are klips name a few other big names ones. Ton on craigslist in nyc. In the middle of a complete renovation so the demo work hopefully done this week and I'll be running the speaker wire next week.

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Thanks - I was looking at some yesterday. For the rest of the speakers in the 7.1, you don't mind mix & matching brands? I was trying to find a ceiling one that you can rotate a little so it faces in on the room, i saw some that are fixed angles. Do you know of any brands that do that?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are tons of angled in-ceiling. No you shouldn't mix and match.But, even if you buy two today...two more in a couple weeks.Except for those Thiele...more will be available. May have to make a day trip out of it.I once took a 4500 mile road trip in 10 days...for 2 pairs of speakers.What else did I do those 10 days?Mt. RushmoreDevil's Mountain BonnevilePike's PeakGrand CanyonFrenzied 10 days. Overnight at the Grand Canyon.

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Sounds like a great trip, my wife would actually love to see those spots.Do you have any experience for inline volume controls? Was debating if wouldBe beneficial for the outdoor speakers

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Think per your suggestion i'm sticking with the Denon X3000, that has the apps for the phone. it will let me control the individual speakers through the second zone and speaker switch?

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
What is the feature i would be looking for in a speaker switch that would allow the Denon to control each speaker individually? I've been looking at a few and don't see any keyword that would indicate it allows me to control it through the AVR ( and ultimately the mobile application ). I looked at the Niles HPS-4 and the Russound 4.2 amongst others. I called Denon and they don't recommend any switches to pair with this specifically.

Thanks

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
it looks like if zone 2 is powered they would be able to control it but I don't believe the zone2 on the X3000 is powered as that comes from the speaker switch?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
dlubrano said:
it looks like if zone 2 is powered they would be able to control it but I don't believe the zone2 on the X3000 is powered as that comes from the speaker switch?
I don't even understand the question. My best guess, if I interpret what I think you are totally misunderstanding. The POWERED ZONE 2 of the AVR goes to any speaker switch ever made...and will ever be made.POWERED ZONE 2 is simply routed to as many pairs of speakers as you buy a switch for.

dlubrano

Agent
Real Name
Dave
I believe i'm misinterpreting "powered zone 2". I thought the watts for the zone 2 speakers was from the speaker switch, not the AVR itself as I will need to connect through RCA cables to the switch. You indicated previously that only with the appropriate speaker switch would you be able to control those speakers through he switch. I could not an option for that except some of the speakers are controlled directly from the switch as far as volume or On/off goes. Looking at iRule's support it indicated that they require a powered zone 2 in order to control the individual speakers which is the question I was asking you. As dumb as it sounds that's what i'm confused over and clearly its something simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks