What's new

MST3K: Volume 9 waves bye-bye....for now. (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was checking Rhino.com's MST3K catalogue and noticed Vol 9 was missing. I wrote the guy at mst3k.com and he confirmed that it was a goner for now. He did say Rhino was going to try to get it back.

These are still widely available for around $45. Although amazon.com is sold out I noticed many places still have it in stock.

It's a damn good set with equal parts Joel and Mike. Don't miss out!!

Vol 9:
Women of the Prehistoric Planet
Wild Rebels
Sinister Urge
Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became *rests fingers for a second* Mixed up Zombies

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for letting us know about this! Vol. 9 is one of the sets that I haven't picked up yet, so I'm going to try to buy one in the next couple days. Thanks again for the heads up.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
More than happy to do it! I feel it was my duty to make this public and.....

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

well, I have to confess I only posted after I was sure one was on it's way to me in the mail. I waited too.

:P

deepdiscount.com still has them in stock for about $35.

I have 3 more to buy, Vol 6 thru 8. Plus 11 when it comes out. I'm most excited about 7. I love every one of those. Prince of Space is just fantastic!

Beau

Supporting Actor
I thought I read some months ago that Vols 1 and 3 were going to be going out of print, but amazon still has them available. Did that turn out to be false? Right now the only ones I need are 7 & 8. I'll try to get those really soon, just in case.

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty sure that the individual release of Beginning of the End is OOP as well.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm hoping I can just buy all the ones I'm missing some time before summer and then start sleeping better at night.

I figure rifftrax will never go oop. ;)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor

Damn straight!

I have 1-10, and you can bet I will be getting Volume 11 as soon as it's out.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
You know, I'm soooo out of money after all the sales from Sony, Anchor Bay and Buena Vista, but I'll be damned if ordering Vol 9 didnt' make me feel soooo good! I can't wait to have 1-11!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I almost missed Volume 10. It came out on the same day as a number of other discs that I was buying so I waited and then I figured that I'd just hold off until the DDD sale (like the cheapskate that I am :)) but I won't be waiting when Volume 11 comes out.

When I read that V10 was being pulled, I went directly to Best Buy and grabbed one.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
All the remaining copies I saw locally vanished pretty fast once word got out. I fear more Ebay sellers than fans got the remaining stock. :frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Christmas Eve I walked into F.Y.E. at the mall and there was 1 MST3K there placed on the shelf on edge like a book. Turned it around, saw the dino and knew it was Vol 10. I thought I was seeing things. I stood there for about a half minute looking it over. My dad was waiting just outside the door and I screamed "they have it! This is it!". He groaned and walked away. The old fart has no appreciation for the finer things! He'd waste the $59.99+tax on something like electicity or gas for the car. What an old fool!

I'm very glad I was able to get Vol 9 for $36 instead of $63.

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
I played catch-up between vols. 2-7 over cost, but that was years ago. I've been buying them on release (even if I have to switch R1 DVD source) ever since.

I'm really hoping they can pick up the pace, but I imagine clearing some of these films can be difficult considering the ludicrous amount of time Copyright has been extended to _and_ backdated.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I know Sandy Frank, the dude who did a lot of those great Japanese dubs, had a big problem with the show. Those will probably never see an official release.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was thinking the same thing at one point. But then a forum poster ruined it by smartly reminding us that Frank would own the rights to the audio track. :angry:

Of course, it'd be a trip if everybody would come back and redo everything. New dub for the movie and new dubs for all the MST3K riffs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks