What's new

MST3K Volume 7 unveiled..... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Well last winter I had to get a replacement Dream Theater DVD from them and they just sent out the disc-no swap required.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Wow. Considering that we all (myself included) like to complain about missing music, cut scenes, etc, I think it would be nice if we all took a few minutes to drop Rhino an email and thank them for handling this so well. Might was well give credit where credit is due. I definitely understand that mistakes happen, and Rhino has done the honorable and correct thing by offering a replacement. My hat's off to them (if I wore hats). :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Yep, I got the E-Mail as well. Bravo to Rhino for their swift action. :)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well I just received an E-Mail from them that was fairly short & sweet:

.....um...okay! :D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I realize that it is way too early to ask this but...what the hell, has anyone received their replacement disc yet? ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well, over at Satellite News they have some partial news about Vol.8:

: both Sci-Fi episodes.....sigh....while not necessarily a bad thing I was hoping for more Comedy Central releases (Joel hopefully) but those are some funny episodes and there are two more yet to be announced (fingers crossed).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

I look forward to any episode I haven't seen; and there are many, as VHS & DVD have been basically my only opportunity to see the show (aside from 10 or 12 that I saw on TV throughout the Comedy Central/Sci-Fi eras).

So I do look forward to owning these. Like you though, I feel there needs to be more variety on the sets. Seems like they've either gone with all Joel episodes or all Mike episodes a lot in the later volumes. Here's hoping for two new unreleased CC-era episodes. And... BBI/Rhino may not know it, but a legion of die-hard MST-ies are looking for bonus features. Several fans in the forum I visit would buy the collection based on the bonus features alone.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
A bonus feature that I rather liked was the "extra footage" on Vol.3, roughly 17 min. each episode of alternate takes, flubs and basic outtakes from much of the host segments for that particular episode that are quite often hilarious & just plain interesting, it was cool to get a rare behind the scenes look at the production of the show.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Yeah so far we have had 2 sets of extras that have only appeared on one set each (iirc), Mike recording new intros to the show and also the 'raw' host segments already mentioned. I would be happy to see more of either. And of course I want to see more CC episodes simply because I want all the episodes :)

In the meantime, the last 3 DVD releases from the Digital Archive Project have been:

601 Girls Town

302 Gamera

809 I Was a Teenage Werewolf

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I held off on buying this set due the the problem with KILLER SHREWS. I wonder when I corrected set will be issued...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
What the hell is Digital Archive Project and how do you use it? I have...um...acquired many episodes that have their logo in the opening but I still have no idea how their site works.

Oh.....I guess reading their FAQ might be of some help, eh?:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks