What's new

MST3K Vol. 6 Due 9/21/04 (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Robert JC - All of the Hercules films appear to be public domain. They could make an entire box set from those episodes. :)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
While we wait, I'm gonna say how happy I am that Rhino is releasing so many sets. I just got the Essentials with the bonus Shorts 3 and they're all fantastic. It has really whet my appetite.

RobTrev

Grip
So, has anyone seen a copy of this yet? Any updates?

I suppose I could wait a week or so, but waiting's for suckers!

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
My copy was shipped yesterday so I should get it tomorrow. I'll post the contents unless someone beasts me to the punch (or the mail is delayed).

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Just received mine today and it has Attack of the Giant Leeches. No sign of "Assignment Venezuela" anywhere on the 4 discs.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
It was from Rhino. The press release that mentioned this is the sales paper that they send to stores trying to get them to order copies. I received a second press release and once again, LEECHES wasn't mentioned. I was told the release got pushed back so that changes could be made but since then I haven't received a screener or any other press releases so I'm not sure if I'm going to get anything. I usually get Rhino titles a month before release date but it doesn't look like I'm going to get this outside the bonus disc I received earlier with the short.

If LEECHES is there and A.V. is missing, I'm going to guess that was the changes made. If I get a screener I'll post a review ASAP along with the bonus disc I got, which apparently isn't going to be included in the final set.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
didn't realize the date for this was so close (passed even) putting in my order now,....

While I remember a quick pimp of the this website here, the MST3K covers project, making covers for eps that don't have them, this is for both the Rhino and the DAP DVDs, I personally have made covers for Space Mutiny and Squirm with a few more planned.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Grr!

I went into a Best Buy in Omaha today to get this and found nothing. So I had the clerk search his computer for it and he told me it has been pushed back to November 23rd.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that's a load of crap. Did anyone have a chance to pick this up at a B&M today or has anyone received their copy from an online order yet?

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Best Buy today too (in Framingham, MA) and they didn't have it either. Hmm.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Emil got a copy of this with "Leeches" on it, so I'm not worried about a content switch. Yes, a sell sheet exists in Rhino's system that says "Venezuala", but all their other material in their system shows "Leeches". Since Emil got Leeches, I think it's safe to say that it's all about Leeches.

TSOD's earliest info showed "Leeches" on the set.

As for the date, everything in Rhino's system shows yesterday as the date. Again, Emil already has a copy, so they're out there. Best Buy is really bad about putting in their system a date that represents when their buyer plans to get an item stocked in stores, regardless of the item's official street date. Why the wait? Ask Best Buy. But I suspect Circuit City and Borders and Suncoast/Media Play have it in stock right now. Amazon shows it ships "in 24 hours"; that means its in-stock with them, too.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
I too tried the Best Buy in Framingham... no luck. Circuit City and Newbury Comics were also dry. Strawberries had it for $59.99, but i opted for the $35 price tag from digitaleyes.net instead. A $25 savings is pretty substantial for a 4 disc set.

the copy i saw had "leeches".

Michael... what is this bonus disc you mention? Is it "Assignment Venezuela"? And what exactly is "Assignment Venezuela"?

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
A guy in charge of distribution at the local Best Buy told me it had been pushed back to November. But then I found it at Borders, and got to watch Attack of the Giant Leeches last night, as I'd hoped I'd be able to...

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
DeepDiscount shipped mine on Monday (lately their shipping has been taking forever, anyone else notice this?), but if you want to pick it up at a store you should absolutely go to Borders. I picked Volume 5 up there, and it was reasonably priced because it was the first week of release. I think I paid $39.99, which was ten dollars less than it was marked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks