What's new

MP3 & phone app deals/freebies (Amazon/Starbucks/etc.) (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Free Music!
broken.jpeg

I tried the "instant download" feature on this. AMAZING!
Just use the camera on your phone/Mac and show it the download code in the box and BAM! it's done!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
If you like country music, you might enjoy this week's freebie from Starbucks:

Attachments

• nail.jpeg
    nail.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 21
  • nail.jpeg
    nail.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 19

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if this is a mistake, but I'll find out on the 1st: all these new "Icon" series titles are showing up in the "Free Albums" section!

Icon by Cher
[*]Available on Mar 1, 2014
[/list]

Icon by Pat Benatar
[/list]

Icon by Cinderella
[/list]

Icon by George Strait
[/list]

Icon by The Beach Boys
[/list]
Icon - The Capitol Years by Dean Martin
[/list]

Icon by Bobby Brown
[/list]

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
This week's free game at Starbucks. I'm gonna try playing this a while...looks like a decent game with some cool learning elements in it.

type.jpeg

myjupitermx

Auditioning
Real Name
Jupiter
I love my Amazon Cloud Drive. I have my entire music library stored in it, and for a while I really enjoyed using this app to access it. However, I had to delete the app today for one very stupid, very preventable reason: It won't install to SD card, and insists on being stuck on my phone.

Let me back up a bit... I have an LG Optimus V, and it has a very limited amount of space on the phone itself; That's why I have an 8GB SD card installed. Most apps are just fine being moved to the SD card, where they function just as well as they did on the phone. A few apps lose a little bit of functionality from the move (such as being able to automatically open when you reboot the phone), but for the most part it has been a useful feature and it makes the difference between me using an app (Mirriam Webster Dictionary) and deleting an App and giving it a low rating (Dictionary.com).

The Amazon MP3 App has great functions, great features, and works wonderfully to connect me to my Amazon Cloud Drive... But it takes up 11 MB of space on my phone! That's not a lot of space if I'm putting it on an SD card, but it's a vast, bloated beast when it's trapped on my phone with its 178 MB of space. After you consider all the bloatware (Virgin Mobile piles it on) and Google's necessary apps (Google seems to think their apps are all too good to reside on an SD card, too), I end up with a very tiny amount of space to work with before I get the dreaded warning about running out of space.

And today it came again, and I finally looked at my Amazon MP3 app and realized that have to do away with it. I don't want to!
w.png

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, the "Icon" series I posted a few days ago is gone from the Deals page, but the indiviual titles still come up as a March 1st release date, but with no price listed.

And the current batch of $5 titles end tonight, so watch for new ones tomorrow!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, those Icon titles are showing up as FREE for the entire album, but each track is listed at $1.29 ea. Anyone tried downloading one to see how they get charged?

There's a bunch of Soundtracks available for just $3.99 each:
Amazon.com: Deal of the Day: $3.99 MP3 Albums: MP3 Downloads

(THOSE SOUNDTRACKS ARE $3.99 EACH SATURDAY ONLY!!!!)

New "Artists To Watch" (16 tracks!) FREE!!
Amazon.com: Artists to Watch: MP3 Downloads

March is Metal Month!
Amazon.com: March is Metal: MP3 Downloads

100 titles for just $5!
Amazon.com: $5 MP3 Albums: MP3 Downloads

Users who are viewing this thread