What's new

MP3 & phone app deals/freebies (Amazon/Starbucks/etc.) (2 Viewers)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I thought that many of you may not be aware of the great daily MP3 deals that Amazon is offering, so I decided to start this thread.

Every day Amazon offers a complete MP3 album for a discounted price (generally $1.99-$3.99) but I have seen one for $0.99 and some double-length titles are more. I got hooked on this deal when they offered the new Keane CD on release date for the ridiculous price of only $2.99!

Also, every Friday is the "Five for $5" deal, which offers five titles for $5 each, and that price is good Friday-Monday.

I hope this thread proves useful (and saves you some money!)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I've never gotten any MP3's from Amazon. Is there a trick to it, or can I just import my purchase into my iTunes somehow?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Robert Floto said:
I've never gotten any MP3's from Amazon. Is there a trick to it, or can I just import my purchase into my iTunes somehow?
Amazon sells unprotected MP3s (no Digital Rights Management restrictions). When I download a track/album it directly goes into my iTunes Library (with cover art) just like a track from the iTunes Store. Amazon offers different exclusives from iTunes (just what we need---more choices!)
The only drawback is that Amazon doesn't offer something comparable to the "Complete This Album" option that iTunes has.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Thursday, Nov. 6, '08) is Jesse Baylin's "Firesight" for only $0.99!!! Amazon recommends her to fans of Norah Jones and Colbie Caillat.

Remember, tomorrrow will be the $5 Fridays titles too!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Friday, Nov. 7, '08): "Remain In Light" by Talking Heads for only $1.99!

Five for $5 Friday Deals: (runs through the weekend)

Now! 28

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog (ST)

Calexico: Carried To Dust

Pantera: Best of

The Game: LAX

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Sat. Nov. 8, '08): Stevie Wonder's "Where I'm Coming From" for the amazing price of only $0.99!

And the Friday $5 Deals:

(runs through the weekend)

Now! 28

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog (ST)

Calexico: Carried To Dust

Pantera: Best of

The Game: LAX

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, for the first time there is no "Today's Deal" posted on the site. However, if you are a fan of 60's soul/R&B, Amy Winehouse or Duffy you might want to check out the FREE 16 track Daptones Label Sampler using the "Free Songs and Special Deals" link. Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings have two tracks (including the amazing "100 Days, 100 Nights") on the sampler; the Dap-Kings did some of the music on Amy Winehouse's "Back To Black" CD.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
I get the amazon free MP3s of the week email but NEVER saw the five at 4 or the cheap albums, how do I sign up for that?
For those of you who havent gotten the freebies, you can get em all here:
Amazon.com: Free - Songs: MP3 Downloads
Amazon.com: MP3 Special Deals: MP3 Downloads
Sam:
I would assume that everyone has access to these specials. The Deal of the Day that I post is located at the far left, directly under the "task bar" on Amazon's MP3 home page and the "Special MP3 Deals" page.
The Five For $5 titles get posted on Friday and run until Sunday or Monday then are removed from the site.
I was having problems accessing HTF all day, so today's deal is late: it's "Second Season" by Unk (he's rap, for those who are wondering!)
Glad to see interest in this info!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
An AWESOME MP3 Deal of the Day! "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" by Fatboy Slim is today's deal (Thur. Nov. 13) at only $1.99!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
A bit of insomnia is getting the Friday post up REALLY early (3am Central Time!) so here goes:

Today's Deal (Friday, Nov. 14) is CCR's "Willie and the Poorboys" for only $1.99.

The Five for $5 Friday Deals are:

Ne-Yo: "Year of the Gentleman"

Thievery Corporation: "Radio Retaliation"

Jimmy Buffett: "Songs You Know By Heart"

Justice: "Cross"

Seether: "Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces"

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Today's Deal (Sat. Nov. 15) is Louis Armstrong's "New Orleans Nights" for the rock-bottom price of $0.99!

And the 5 for $5 Friday deals are still good:

Ne-Yo: "Year of the Gentleman"

Thievery Corporation: "Radio Retaliation"

Jimmy Buffett: "Songs You Know By Heart"

Justice: "Cross"

Seether: "Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces"

takita787

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I love amazon
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Thanks for posting these deals... ever since i got my tv through them, ive loved them
htf_imgcache_36480.gif
- it couldnt have gone smoother ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks