What's new

Moving Into A New House - Need Help - Pics Inside (1 Viewer)

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
In the next couple of months our home will be complete and I need to figure out where to place my surround speakers. The front three will be easy to place but the back 2 or 4 depending if I stick with a 7.1 or 5.1 system will be very difficult due to the back wall will be open to the kitchen. I currently have Paradigm Ref 60's and a CC up front but I was using (4) polk rt35i as surrounds at our old house. I plan to sell the polks and finally complete the paradigm set but purchasing a pair of the new ADP-470 v3's. How far apart do these speakers need to be from one another? I am a movie man so I plan to watch movies about 95% of the time so I need to know what surround's would work best in this room. The rest of the equipment being used is: Denon 3803 as pre/pro, Parasound 1205A, Denon 2900, Dish PVR 721, Samson S1000, 20-39CS SVS.

Dimensions of the room are: 20 x 20 x 20
It's a perfect cube. Which I don't know if its good thing or bad thing.

Pictures of the room provided below. These pictures are from the model that I took but the room will look exactly the same. I do have some disadvantages with all the windows and all the open space but this will be a temp thing until I can get the basement finished.

BillSune

Agent
Sorry I don't know anything about the Paradigm speakers but I did have a question about your setup with the Denon 3803 and the Parasound 1205. I am looking at putting that same system together but with the 3805 when it comes out. How do they sound and perform together.

Thanks,

Bill Suneson

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor

Bill,

The Parasound has been one of my favorites purchases for what I got out of it. The sound to me has been night and day. What I noticed was that the midbass has become much, much more tighter and the sheer dynamics are much greater. But my favorite thing is that I like how QUIET the sound has become. What I mean is that between each passage from the artist there is nothing. The sound is clean and clear that you can actually start to hear the artist's lips beginning to open again. Much more detail. It's very hard to explain it's just sounds so much better to me. It's probably the best $600 purchase that I made. Will not be leaving my rack for long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks