1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Equipment Rack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by George Martin, Jan 3, 2002.

1. George Martin

George Martin Well-Known Member

I have taken the measurments, got the spouces approval, and figured out how much and what types of wires I need, to move my equipment rack to the rear of the room. I have one question though

I will need the S-video cable, an audio video cable & coax (cable box) to be 25 feet I'm wondering will that lenth degrade the signle or will I need some sort of amp.

thanks in advance

George

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Well-Known Member

25 feet wont be a problem. I have my RPTV on a S-Video of 18 feet with 0 signal degradation.

3. Mike LS

Mike LS Well-Known Member

Same here.....my svideo run is 25' and I have no problem with the signal.

4. George Martin

George Martin Well-Known Member

Hi

I just want to say thanks for the replys, I guess I'll be busy this weekend.

5. Brett Robert

Brett Robert Active Member

I have a 26-foot s video cable running to my projector. That doesn’t mean that there isn't signal lose. I don't see a difference from the 6 foot run I used to have.

6. James Mudler

James Mudler Well-Known Member

Ditto Brett comment. Old set up 10' and now over 35' and not difference. I did a A/B comparison by switching inputs on the projector too with a old preamp too.