What's new

Moving a TV (1 Viewer)

ColinW

Agent
I have a Toshiba 57HDX82, and I am moving in about a month. Is there anything specific I should do to protect the set from damage? I will cover it with some sort of blanket or nonabrasive protective sheet, but should the movers hold it flat the way it sits or can they tilt it at all. It wa pretty flat coming into my existingplace, but the new house has a set of stairs to go up!

Thanks for any and all advice.

Colin

PS: and yes, it will fit through the door and the stairwell has TONS of clearance!!!!

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
i would say that placing the TV in the truck so that the set is as close to a wall as possible and have the screen face the wall which it is close might be a good idea. this way nothing could really hit the screen while transporting...

that is all i can think off

Mike

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'd get a screen-size piece of cardboard and tape it over your screen to avoid unnecessary scratches as a result.

Also, as long as you are gentle, tipping and turning your set on it's side or back is fine. I had a 46" that had to go down a hall and turn into a room. It was a bear to get in and had to be tilted and slid in on it's side. I had no problems as a result. Just be careful.

Peace Out~:D

Paul Slund

Grip
Colin (unrelated question here).

How does regular TV look on your Toshiba? I have a new Toshiba 57HX83, and I'm disappointed at the TV quality (kinda fuzy and a bit stretched) with Bell ExpressVue. The other threads I read seem to indicate it should be crystal clear (especially in 4:3). Just curious.

Thanks.

ColinW

Agent
Thanks for the advice folks. We aren't moving far so there shouldn't be too much of any issue.

Paul - As for the pic from a Bell dish on my set, it looks fine. I am running the normal feed from Bell into the set using S video and watching in TheatreWide 1 Mode and it looks decent. It is pretty fuzzy, but the further back you move the better. I am about 10 feet away from my 57" set which I find comfortable for DVDs and dish viewing. For the fuzziness, blowing up a crappy signal will look bad, but the disc should look fine. In TheatreWide 1 on my set only the sides are stretched and it looks fine to me. That was a big reason I chose the set in the first place is that the Stretch modes are very good, compared to other sets I looked at (Hitachi, Sony).

Also if you take a minute and calibrate with Avia or something on the Dish input you may get better results. I have the disc and although I am new to this whole theatre thing I managed to make my pic better to my eyes!

Good luck.

Colin

Paul Slund

Grip
Thanks Colin.

I agree that TheatreWide 1 is the best for watching TV, but I seem to still get a not-so-clear image with 4:3 viewing (I use it as a test). I don't suppose Bell has to be informed that we have digital TV's? (or would that only be for High Def. signals...). I'll keep trying to fiddle with it. (I'm about 10 feet away, as well)

Take care.
Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks