What's new

Movies with Woman superheroes... (1 Viewer)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
I think Supergirl is pretty much your best option for a little kid.
Sorry I couldn't be more help, but female superheroes have gotten a raw deal thus far, movie-wise and elsewhere!
That's why we need that Wonder Woman movie. She's essentially the best female superhero. I cannot wait for that to happen!

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
How's about Princess Mononoke? I can't recall anything objectionable in that, but I typically have a bad memory.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

David

CoreyII

Second Unit
As bad as this movie was there is Batman and Robin with Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl. Bear in mind that she doesn't don the costume until the last twenty minutes of the film.

There is also that really bad Dungeons and Dragons movie which had two female heroes. One was Thora Birch playing a young Queen who actually does do some heroic stuff. I don't recall the other actress but she plays an elf type of character.

Natalie Portman in the Star Wars films.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Hmmm... Well, more anime selections for your child to chew on:
This is also in the "parent should view before showing IMHO" but still worth a watch (since my sister, who is a year younger and NOT an anime freak recommends it)
8. Slayers TV series... - a strong main character that defies most D&D conventions of a well built drool worthy female and goes for the ultra cute instead. I haven't heard the dub, but it seems to have plenty of fans [also, if they "curse" in Japanese, I wouldn't know but if in english... well...] Lots of slapstick humor but the lead is definately a strong female...
edit: I have edited my post to make my recommendations in BOLD. Please try these out, and see if they are worth showing to your 5 year old...
Thus, an otaku is born... :D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
A little surprised no one mentioned this:

Card Captor Sakura: was on TV as "CardCaptors", but this is the version to avoid. A Magical Girl show involving a young girl charged with finding all of the Clow cards. Very cute and appropriate for a young girl.

Jason

George See

Second Unit
Project A-KO does have a good bit of sexual content in a few scenes I would not recomend for a typical 5 year old.
Racking my brain but I can't seem to come up with any DVD's that have a female super hero that would be suitable for a child....Mystery Men keeps popping into my head with Garafalo but i don't remember if it'd be good for kids or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks