What's new

movies to ask Warner for in chat? (1 Viewer)

david ck

Auditioning
I am a product of "Date night" in the 60's. Guilty pleasures:

SUSAN SLADE

ROME ADVENTURE

PARRISH

YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE

CLAUDELLE INGLISH

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
No offense to anyone that has posted in this thread , but I find it hilarious that people are posting movies they want for a Warner chat, that does not exist.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
and no offense to you tony...but if you would have read the opening post...I stated that I can never get the chat to work on my computer and in the past three years I've never been on the chat, so I figured this would be the next best thing since as many have stated, warner does read these boards, so this would be for the people to get their say who can't participate in the chat....if it does in fact happen.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
No harm done, but when I first read the topic title, I was frantically searching the front page , for the chat date, lol !!!!!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I seem to remember that the owners of the Forum don't want questions for Chats posed or discussed prior to Chats. Something about keeping the Chats "SPONTANEOUS"!!! So I'm surprised this thread is still unlocked.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
and I think that tells you just how likely a 'real' chat is anytime soon :laugh:
Still wondering what's holding up that edition of Arthur they've had ready to go since '06. Also wondering how much longer for a decent remaster of Outland, Logan's Run, and Badlands among others. ...oh and I'd like 'em on Bd as well- so I can cut out the sd middle man.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

I recently saw a demo of field-sequential 3-D on a Mitsubishi 73 inch rear projection model. It was hooked up to this box that the salesman said was a PC. They showed clips from various 3-D films and they looked fantastic. They even had a scene from one of the Star Wars films that was converted to 3-D and it also looked great. If there were 3-D films available like House of Wax, I would have bought the tv.

Charles H

Screenwriter
CONFESSIONS OF A NAZI SPY and MISSION TO MOSCOW: I believe they were mentioned in a previous chat.

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
Magnificent Ambersons, highest priority I can think of. At some point you have to cut bait and go with the materials you have, this is too important to languish. A deal to include Criterion's commentary by Carringer from their old laser would be nice, it's also too useful/important to just disappear into obscurity.

Fingers tapping impatiently for Picture of Dorian Gray.

Moonfleet
Waterloo Bridge
Les Miserables ('95, the Belmondo version)
The Devils
The Boy Friend
Johnny Eager
The Strawberry Blonde
The Sea Wolf
They Won't Believe Me
Stranger on the Third Floor
The Hard Way
The Merry Widow (Lubitsch)
The Mortal Storm
Party Girl '58
The Bribe
Kismet '44
Going Hollywood
Night Must Fall
Some of the Saint films

for the next musicals box:
I Love Melvin
Give a Girl a Break
Small Town Girl
Affairs of Dobie Gillis
Invitation to the Dance?

Sad to see In Caliente and Wonder Bar left off the Busby Berkely 2 box - don't let the PC considerations hold you back, these are culturally significant.

House of Dark Shadows (because it would obviously make some folks soooo happy)

Lon Chaney set 2
The Big Parade
Safe in Hell
Madam Satan
Ladies They Talk About
Public Hero #1

Re-dos of Postman Always Rings Twice (81) and Barry Lyndon.

Don't know if they hold rights to Park Row, Station Six Sahara, Payroll (61)? Just sort of hoping.

If they can think of anything else to do under the Camp Classics brand, have at it.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

I second that! From what I heard the original ending is on youtube. I wish Geffen would let Warners just re-release it!

The other movies I'm concerned about are....

Ginger Rogers (Her RKO stuff like Bachelor Mother, Primrose Path, Lucky Partners)
Esther Williams Volume 2
MGM Musicals (more Eleanor Powell, Jane Powell)

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Treasure Island (1990): Made-For-TV movie but still great nonetheless. Charlton Heston, Christian Bale, Oliver Reed, Christopher Lee - great cast, and great locales too.

Outland: The current transfer is no doubt one of the worst of all time in the home video market, and this great film desperately needs to be completely remastered.

The Man Who Would be King: Another great Sean Connery film, I think Warner mentioned this was in development in the chat last year. Let's hope it's still on the way.

American History X: Now that Warner has control over New Line's catalog, let's great a 10th anniversary SE of this great film. I'd like to see the theatrical cut and the controversial Director's cut from Tony Kaye in the same package along with some commentaries, the stuff from the old DVD ported over and whatever else can be found.

Charles H

Screenwriter
I would love if they released THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME, but based on what TCM showed recently only the 80 minute reissue print survives. Does anyone know if the original (95 minute) version still exists?

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison

Or four or five :laugh:

More westerns for 2009 would be awesome as well. I hope everyone supports the Western and Errol Flynn boxsets coming up!!

Some classic horror will be great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks