What's new

Movies that You Know are Bad/Cheesy, but Can't Resist Watching (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
What are some of the movies that you might catch on TV while bored and even though they are bad you just have to watch.

I would say the top two I can think of right now would be "Teen Wolf" and "Problem Child" for some reason I can't get enough of those movies if I catch them on TV.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Escape From New York (my all-time fav)
Can't Buy Me Love
Any John Hughes movie from the 80's
Any John Cusack movie from the 80's

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hey, Ryan, there's nothing bad or cheesy about Sarah Michelle Gellar french kissing Selma Blair! :D

For me, I would say Kidnergarden Cop.

I also agree with the Problem Child movies...all of them. :b

Oh, and Home Alone 3. What can I say? I like the kid, Alex Linz, I thought he was cool, he had more charisma in his little pinky than Culkin had in his whole body!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
None.

While I certainly watch some mentioned here, I disagree that they are bad or cheesy.

For example I think the following above mentioned films range from good to great:

Miss Congeniality
National Lampoon's Vacation
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Planes, Trains & Automobile
Uncle Buck
Christmas Vacation
Kindergarten Cop

Robyn

Stunt Coordinator
The Pirate Movie
Hello Down There
Haunted Honeymoon
Monster Squad
Endless Love

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Mommie Dearest is always one. And not just for the wire hangar scene either...its that scene where Joan smacks and chokes the shit out of Christina, and then sends her to a CONVENT!

And also the Problem Child movies. Just the first and second for me.

JayBru

Auditioning
Legally Blond
Paint Your Wagon

I don't understand why I have to watch these, I just have to.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Kindergarten Cop is my major weakness. I just can't get enough of Ahnold teaching those little kids :)

Amen...
Escape From New York
National Lampoon's Vacation
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Planes, Trains & Automobile
Christmas Vacation
...I think most film fans and critics alike would give the thumbs up to those films.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Jaws 4 - just can't get enough of Mario Van Peeble's fake Rastafarian accent.... Or Michael Caine overacting.... or the over-rubberized shark.... Or Lorraine Gary's eternal stone-face.... or ad nauseum....

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Ice Pirates, every time.

I found myself watching some of Cannonball Run II on cable today, and I'd watch CR1 as well. To me they are half crap, half genius (well, maybe 1/4 genius).

Oscar, though I really think the writing is very witty. But since so many other people hate it I guess it goes here. Unlike normal cheezy films, I feel no guilt in liking this one.

Haunted Honeymoon, I really enjoy that one, not that much guilt there either.

Transylvania 6-5000 and Problem Child are 2 films I like simply because of Mike Richards. My buddy and I were huge Richards fans before Seinfeld so we enjoyed both of these.

"Hey Warden" (throws dumbbell up at the warden as he walks the catwalk) - Problem Child

"Man trying to get out, man trying to get out" (one of the greatest tricks to break into a place ever, though not a MRichards scene) - T 6500

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
No one has mentioned it, because IT IS AN ALL-TIME CLASSIC!!

I think Ice Pirates absolutely qualifies. It is NOT a classic - it is horribly bad and goofy...and, I love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks