What's new

Movie Stars vs Actors (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Now I admit I have a certain bias against Mr. Wahlberg as his acting always comes across as wooden (though it's always good for chuckle when you watch him try to emote) & he lacks anything that remotely resembles charisma or for that matter anything resembling a personality.
Hadn't thought about Mr M. Wahlberg much, but now that you mention it, methinks his elder brother is turning out to be a fine actor. Obviously not a star, but from what I've seen in Band of Brothers and Boomtown, as well as of course Sixth Sense, pretty good acting chops.

Star: Ben Affleck (sort of)
Actor: Matt Damon.

Ben's acting is still rather stiff; Matt is much better, but I don'think he's really a star yet. As for Ben's paramour, I suppose one could class her a star, not that great an actor.

How about her co-star Ralph Fiennes? Actor I suppose, not really a star either.

Star who can act: Tom Cruise. Although I think the "star" bit far too often so heavily outweighs the acting.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Other actresses that dont get the notice they deserve and are Wonderful are:

Mary Louise Parker
Mary-Louise Parker gets plenty of notice, but in the theater, which has been her preferred venue for some time now. Like many of America's finest actors, she does enough film and TV to make a living and saves most of her energy for the stage (she won the Best Actress Tony award for Proof).

Liev Schreiber is so talented and respected an actor that the Royal Shakespeare Company invited him to join for a season. He declined and played Clark in The Sum of All Fears instead. He does one movie a year to pay the rent; the rest of the time is spent on stage (currently starring in Henry V at the New York Shakespeare Festival).

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I guess he wouldn't bother me so much if he just stayed away from the films I want to see. I'll probably skip seeing The Italian Job on the account of his participation. A shame as I really dig a good caper film.
How do you skip a movie you want to see because someone is in it?! Especially one that seems to feature more of an ensemble cast (I haven't seen it)?

--
Holadem

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Well I've seen the original & since Wahlberg plays Michael Caine's role of Charlie Crocker, He will be the most dominant character in the film. Unless they've drastically changed the script that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks