What's new

Movie Previews (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Is there a site anywhere where I can download movie previews? I've been using Yahoo, which forces it to play while downloading and does not have a 'save' option. This results in a choice between jerky or low-rez playback.

I would like very much to view a decent preview for new movies without sacraficing quality and I don't mind waiting a feww minutes to see it.

Anyone have a suggestion? I have a low-level broadband connection.

Thanks.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dont think Apple allows you to save them tho Steve, do they?

Oh and hey Steve, any chance you could start BluRayResource, miss the old DVDResource site =)

Sam

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
You have to wait for the trailer to finish downloading before the Save As QuickTime Movie option is enabled (click the button in the bottom right of the viewer). This option can be disabled, but it usually isn't for trailers.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Right, Apple offers (typically) small, medium, large, and full-screen trailers. Only the full-screen ones get funky as to not being able to download because they are incorporated into iTunes. The large ones do fine once you load them fully.

I've downloaded dozens of trailers this way...

Even HDTV Resource is not happening, despite repeated attempts. Sorry.

- Steve

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
You can only do this in Quicktime Pro, unless they started letting people using free Quicktime 7 to save movies.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Saving it isn't nearly as important to me as at least viewing it in a screen size/rez better tha 9mm x 16 mm.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Too bad there aren't many trailers in HD -- those are certainly bigger. But at low-end broadband speeds, it takes like a half-hour to download. And you need a pretty good computer. But they do look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks