1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie posters

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jim Mcc, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    I am close to finishing my theater room, and I was wondering what is the best/cheapest site to buy movie posters, with or without frames? Thanks.

2. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

ebay

Some sellers carry a wide variety of top posters and combine shipping. You can save alot of money if you shop around on there.

3. Randy Laporte

I agree with using ebay, I found a few great hard to find movie posters, including the banned Spiderman poster with the trade center reflecting in his eyes. I'm a huge Abbott & Costello fan and I even found replica posters of all the movies, I dedicated 2 whole walls just for them. If you check out my pics you will see.
    my HT

4. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Also, it depends on what your criteria are for selecting posters-- some people like to collect and display "real" posters... I personally like to change posters in-and-out constantly, so I get free video posters from a local, mom-and-pop video store. Unfortunately, the store just went out of business-- another Blockbu$ter casualty. The supply was great, while it lasted.

5. Jack Ferry

Jack Ferry Stunt Coordinator

Jack Ferry
    You may want to check www.allposters.com. I ordered a couple replica posters and was pleased with the prices and service.

Like Mike said, you need to decide if you want to collect "real" posters. It used to be that looking for the NSS number was all you needed to do to tell if a poster was the type actually issued to theaters, but now even that isn't enough.

Here's a good link with some basics on one-sheets:
    http://www.reelartgallery.com/inform...e_posters.html

6. Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson Stunt Coordinator

I agree with ebay and allposters.com. I have bought posters from each. Allposters.com has always been prompt and with good service. Some of the harder to find use ebay.

BUT beware of buying ebay posters with autographs. The FBI was investigating at one point. Ebay is a hot spot for faked autographs. All claim to have a certificate of authenticity which of course was probably generated around the same time they were signing the poster with different pens. Search for your favorite movie and you will find posters signed by all the stars....yeah right....

7. Scott.J

Scott.J Extra

Yet another vote for ebay. I got some off there for a very good price