What's new

movie moments - the biggest laugh you've had (spoilers, of course) (1 Viewer)

JasonS

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta chime in with one that had me rolling. It was in Deep Blue, right when Sam Jackson gets eaten. He's sitting there giving this big ass speach, and the shark jumps out of the water and eats him. I literally had to stop the movie and rewatch that for 10 minutes straight.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Blazing Saddles: "Where the white women at?!"

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery: Many moments, particularly: The multi-screen sequence near the beginning of the film (it was so dead-on a spoof); Dr. Evil's group therapy digression; Scott Evil's frustration that his father doesn't just shoot Austin Powers. I also found it amusing after watching the film several times when I finaly noticed the Dr. Evil logo was a big E with a small M.D. symbol (the thing with wings and two snakes wrapped around it) in it. That amused me to no end.

Orgazmo: Too many moments to mention. South Park fans should check it out, it's full of absurd and non-sequitir humor. Probably one of the most consistently funny movies I've ever seen. "Jesus!" "Where?" gets me every time.

South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut: The one-two punch of "You ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?" "I don't listen to hip-hop!" and Bill Gates getting shot for Windows 98.

A Mighty Wind: The conversation about the record without a spindle hole made me laugh quite a bit.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Jason's comment about Deep Blue got me thinking about another really funny moment with Samuel L. Jackson in a film.

Sphere - during the scene where he, Dustin Hoffman, and Sharon Stone were in the helium-filled lift chamber going to some area, everyone's talking like the Chipmunks. Then out of nowhere, Sam Jackson, looking straight-faced, deadpans, "Follow the Yellow Brick Road." When I saw this film in the theaters, everyone roared at that line.

Albert Noel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Noel
a few moments in Old School really got me.
especially the "hey honey, you think KFCs still open?" line when frank gets into the SUV.

and since i'm a huge kevin smith fan, a few moments from both dogma and jay and silent bob strike back had me in stitches.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Ill stick to movies that I've seen this year:

Love Actually - When Bill Nighty dead-pans the drug PSA I actually spit out my soda in the theater I was laughing so hard.

Broadcast News - Albert Brooks and the "flop sweat" scene.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
The end sequence in "The Birdcage", where Sen. Kevin Keeley (Gene Hackman) is revealed in drag. I was hysterical with that one! (Ugliest drag-queen EVER.)

Agree with Tim on the last page... the "dentist" sequence from Pink Panther...

Pretty much anything from "A Fish Called Wanda" ... especially if it involves Kevin Kline's character. :D

And even though the movie was awful, in "Scooby-Doo" Matt Lillard exclaiming... "Mary-Jane? Like, thats my favorite name!" Had me on the floor.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Pretty much anything from "A Fish Called Wanda" ... especially if it involves Kevin Kline's character.
Agreed, especially the "You British think you're sooo superior. Do you know where you'd be without us? The good old US of A? The smallest fucking province in the whole German Empire!" tirade. I know that's a horrible recreation of the actual wording, but it's how I remember it in my head and it's still hilarious!

Pieter

Tommy G

Screenwriter
With the exception of the entire movie "Duck Soup", I never laughed so hard as the board room scene in Liar Liar. I thought I was going to choke because I couldn't catch a breath.

JamesDrake

Agent
Me, Myself and Irene When Jim Carey's character kills the cow. He almost had to reload...or did he?

Van Wilder The scene with the eclairs....lol..between gagging and laughing,, my stomach never hurt so baddd.

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
The Naked Gun: When Dribbin is out on the ledge falling and he grabs the statue's phallus and the statue smiles...

I also agree with the Ace Ventura II rhino scene. The only reason for watching Jim Carrey's worst film, but it is hilarious, "Oh look, the Rhino's having a baby".

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
:Fish Called Wanda : "We didn't lose Vietnam. it was a tie"

What About Bob? : "The book: Baby Steps, the man: Dr. Leo Marvin, and we've talking to...Bob" and just about every other line in the movie.

Ghost World : "It's America dude, learn the rules"

Shanghai Noon: " I'm not gonna let you cheapin' it, it's a duel, it's a sacred thing...be the bullet"

Midnight Run: the whole damn movie

James T

Screenwriter
The Big Lebowski"This is what happens when you [blank] a stranger in the ass!"

Chasing Amy The whole Star Wars is racits speech.

X-Men 2"Is that what they say?"...I know it's not meant to be a super funny part, but it's just funny thinking of Ian MacKellen saying it. You can even use it in combinations with other quotes.

"This is what happens when you [blank] a stranger in the ass!"
"Is that what they say"

I could probably spend a day editing Ian MacKellen into a bunch of other quotes.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm so may moments, so little motivation to write them all down (I'm tired ok?). Anyway, here goes:

Money Pit: The bathtub through the floor scene, the way Tom Hanks just stands there and laughs absolutley floors me everytime.

Finding Nemo: The first time I saw Dory do her "I can speak whale" bit almost made me cry I was laughing so hard. Also, when they scare the little pink octopus at the begging of the movie and she "inks"

Meet the Parents: The scene in the airplane with the stewardess. "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb"

My Cousin Vinny: The scene where the lawyer that was appointed to defend the boys make his opening statement. I crack up every time. Also the "two yuts" dialgoue between Vinny and the judge.

Dumb & Dumber: When Mary throws a tiny snowball at Harry and he gets pissed and whips that giant one right at her face. I saw that in the theater and I almost fell out of my seat.

Office Space: Practically the whole movie. Alot of people don't really get the humour in this movie, but those people probably never worked in an office. One particularly shining moment is when Peter (and all other office workers for that matter) do there interview with the Bobs.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail: The black knight scene. "That's just a flesh wound" The whole scene is funny, but I crack up the loudest when King Arthur cuts the knights arms off and then kneels down to pray and gets kicked in the side of the head by the knight. Oh man, I'm laughing now thinking about it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Young Frankenstein:

"He vas my boyfriend!!!"

"Hey there handsome!"

The monster's attempt to sing "Puttin' on the Ritz"

Bowfinger:

Any scene with Jif, but especially "Hail to God!! Hail to God!!"

The final film shoot in Taiwan

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Money Pit - The whole sequence when Tom Hanks is stuck in a hole in the floor. "Brad! Brad! Bo-Brad!..."

My Cousin Vinny - When Vinny first shows up at the prison, and his little talk with Stan.

Vinny: What is wrong with you?
Stan: I don't want to do this.
Vinny: I know, but what are your alternatives?
Stan: To what? To you? I don't know...suicide, death.
Vinny: Look, it is either me or them. You're getting f****d one way or the other.
That whole scene had me in stiches.

James T

Screenwriter
I forgot to add Dumb and Dumberer to the list. Everytime Bob Saget said something, I had tears in my eyes. I just couldn't stop laughing.

"There's shit everywhere" X 25. I just can't censor that. Pure Classic Saget.

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Porky's:

The scene in the Principles office after the shower scene. I was an usher, the manager and myself were standing at the back of the theater during the last show of the night, and even though we were laughing so hard, we heard the projectionist actually fall over in the booth...

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
Jeez... so many, but so few in my head right now...

Eddie Murphy Raw: Childish toilet humor (literally), but I was 15 when I first saw it. The scene when he's doing the Richard Pryor impression kills me. When I first saw it, I was left gasping for air from laughing so hard.

Kentucky Fried Movie:

The human sirens at Dr Klon's lair and The two times through in movie "Big Jim Slade" gets on-screen. The build-up, just knowing he's about to get on, is almost as funny as him doing his bodybuilder poses... :)

Nick

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
To add to Nick's thoughts about Kentucky Fried Movie, this one memory always recurs when I think back about this film.

I was sitting with a group of friends, must have been in college, and we all had a bowl of popcorn being passed around right before the start of the video. Just as soon as it started, that very first scene with the commentator where he says, "Good evening. The popcorn you are eating has just been p----d in, film at 11." All of the guys who spit out their popcorn at that line just made it a priceless funny moment I still can't help but laugh about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks