What's new

movie moments - the biggest laugh you've had (spoilers, of course) (1 Viewer)

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
Big Lebowski: The toilet scene. Also, where The Dude tries to flick his roach out the window & it lands in his lap.

Lethal Weapon 2 when Riggs & Roger 1st meet Leo Getz & where they infiltrate the S African consulate's office.

Life of Brian where Brian 1st meets Pilate. I actually had to stop the film because I didn't want to miss anything from laughing too hard. Took me nearly half an hr to recover.

Any scene with Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot. The scene where he tells Joe he's getting married still makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Drebin forgets to remove his radio mic before going to the men's room in The Naked Gun.

Begbie inadvertedly starts the brawl in Trainspotting & marches downstairs to finish it.

Michael flirts with his agent in the Russian Tea Room in Tootsie.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged

The entire shadow tent scene. I was on the floor crying I was laughing so hard.

Peace Out~:D

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
the naked gun: i might not be remembering the scene correctly, but when frank drebbin tells that tall guy he's got some food on his face. he promply wipes his face (which is out of frame) and a banana falls to the table.

the big lebowski: "he treats objects like women, man."

christmas vacation: "hey griswold! where you gonna put a tree that big?!"
"bend over and i'll show you!"

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
There are just too many movies to name, but one that sticks out is the scene in Lilo and Stitch where Lilo asks Stitch to be less destructive. Stitch goes on to build a model of San Francisco out of books and blocks from around the room, and then preceeds to demolish it a la Godzilla. The comedic timing of that scene was perfect. I literally fell off the couch rolling with laughter!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Forgot to add American Wedding -
Raiders of the Lost Ark - when Indy has the showdown with the guy with the big sword, and the big guy's showing out his sword skills, Indy just looks at him as if to say, "Oh, to hell with it!", pulls his gun out, and with one shot takes the swordsman down. The combination of direction, acting, and John Williams' musical score was just perfect! That always brings out the biggest laughs every time!
Apparently, the day they shot this, Ford was down with the flu, and he was actually supposed to fight the guy. But, he he asked Spielberg if he could just shoot him, and now you know...the rest of the story. :)

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Mine would have to be whole prom night sequence from There's Something About Mary

I especially love it when Mary's father says, "How did you get the beans above the frank?"

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Christmas Vacation has many. I like the previously stated quote but I think the last line in the exchange is the best by far:
christmas vacation: "hey griswold! where you gonna put a tree that big?!"
"bend over and i'll show you!"
"You've got alot of nerve talking to me that way!"
Love this-> "I wasn't talking to you."

Also the first time I saw it, the end of the Clark watching the film in the attic caused me to have to stop the movie. It is still really funny even though I know its coming.

Chuck Anstey

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
I'm ashamed to say this but...

The "Peeing Statue" scene in Austin Powers: Goldmember made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Some great ones already mentioned.

Alvin mentioned my fav scene in Lilo and Stich.

Christmas Vacation was already mentioned as well; but my scene was when Clark starts raving and swearing out his boss in front of the family. The ending of his tangent is perfect: "Hallujah, holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" I was in pieces when i first heard that.

North by Northwest: When Cary Grant was arrested for a DUI, the police doctor asks him to open up and say ahh. Response: "You had better move back."

The Ref: Whole movie

Trouble with Harry: Whole movie had me in stiches.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
Bean: looking at the "revised" painting for the first time (though that was the only good part of the movie)

A Fish Called Wanda: many, many scenes.

Tim OK

Auditioning
A couple from movies nobody has named yet...

The Money Pit: Tom Hanks throws water in the tub, and it breaks right through the floor. He stands there looking down in the hole doing that half-crazy laugh.

The Pink Panther: Clouseau puts on the dentist disguise to get into a castle and ends up getting stoned on nitrous oxide and pulling the wrong tooth from the mouth of his ex-boss. Clouseau's fake nose starts melting and drooping down, and his equally stoned boss realizes who it is, and announces he's going to kill him, all while laughing uncontrollably.

Christmas Vacation Slow motion shot of Clark plugging in the lights, and when it goes apeshit punched santa in the face then kicks him up in the air, then karate chops the reindeer's antlers off.
After watching this film several times every Christmas, I can still say the this has got to be one of the funniest things that I have ever seen.:D

Rat Race-when he gets out of Hitlers car in front of the WWII Veterans and begins to speak jibberish to them. I laughed my ass off that that part.:emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Y

Grip
Zoolander:
Tons of parts are great, pretty much any scene with Mugatu (especially when he screams like a little girl when he getts egged and "OBEY MY DOG!"), Zoolanders "eugoogooly"

Christmas Vacation:
I agree its one of the best movies ever for hilarity.
The hole thing, start to end. ("I don't know Margo")

Ghostbusters:
"Is that true? Yes, this man has no dick."

Blazing Saddles:
"No body move or the nigger gets it"

A Christmas Story:
You'll shoot your eye out, and the whole "major prize" sub plot.

UHF:
Conan the Librarian
Wheel of Fish ("YOU SO STUPID!!)

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Undercover Brother When Doogie Howser rips out the guys heart. I don't ever remember laughing so hard in the theater.

Tommy Boy When Tommy backs up and breaks the door on David Spade's car. then David opens the door and it falls off, and Tommy goes "What did you do?"

Oh Brother Where Art Thou? When Baby Face Nelson shoots the cows

Hannibal When Ray Liotta eats his brain. The rest of the movie SUCKED. But that scene was hilarious.

Nick_Gray

Agent
A lot of good movies listed; here's a few that haven't been mentioned:

Dr. Strangelove....
[George C. Scott]: But he'll see the big board!
and later : We may find ourselves in a mine-shaft deficit!
Pretty much the rest of the movie.

Brain Donors
Whole thing. Had to watch it twice just to hear the whole thing. I fell off my chair so many times I had to resort to sitting on the floor. I seem to be in a small but vocal minority on this movie.

Fierce Creatures
Never laughed so hard at a theater in all my (albeit brief) life. Kevin Kline and John Cleese perform three of the funniest characters I've ever seen...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much everything in Where's Poppa? but the courtroom scenes in particular are hilarious.

In National Lampoon's Vacation, when Clark has his meltdown in the car. "I'm going to have fun and you're going to have fun! We're going to have so much fucking fun, we're going come out singing 'Zippety Doo-Da' out of our assholes!!!"

Maybe it was because there was a certain amount of marijuana smoke in the air while we were watching it, but one time a couple of friends and I were watching Jackie Brown and we just kept losing it every time they showed something the characters were watching on tv. I was drinking some water during one of the parts ("Read the paper!" *smack* "Read the paper!" *smack*), and I was laughing so hard and so hysterically that I was truly worried about choking even while I was rolling on the floor laughing. I think we all laughed for literally 10 straight minutes at that part :)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
All of Top Secret!

I remember having to try very hard not to piss myself in Ace Ventura 2 when Ace escapes from the mechanical Rhino.

The outtakes during the credits of Nutty Professor, especially the ones with Eddie as the whole family around the dinner table.

My wife, who's fairly conservative humor-wise, was in tears laughing during the bathroom stall sequence in Austin Powers. It's interesting how you never quite know just what little thing will set certain people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks