What's new

Movie Merchandise you wish they'd make.... (1 Viewer)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
My wishlist:

1.) A really, really high-end Star Wars arcade game/ride, where you get to pilot through the Endor space battle, with movement and a big screen infront of you like the Universal Back to the Future ride. Star Tours or whatever at Disneyland sucks.

2.) A Barad-Dur (Lord of the Rings) and Minas Tirith city playsets. I had Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain (He-Man & The Masters of the Universe) when I was a kid, man oh man, would it kick ass to have these two LOTR "fortress" sets. Make 'em with lights, opening/closing gates, little orcs/soldiers, etc.

3.) A bit of 80s nostalgia... maybe it's only me, but I would like to see McFarlane Toys do an action set based around Michael Jackson's Thriller music video/mini-movie. You know with all the zombies and MJ in the red/black 80s jumpsuit. Seems like it would be right up McFarlane's alley.

4.) The Back to the Future hoverboard of course ;)

5.) I'd like to see some new action figures based on the 1960s camp Batman TV (was made into a movie as well) series.

6.) Ditto on the yellow/black Bruce Lee jumpsuit that Uma Thurman wears in Kill Bill. Not sure if I'd wear it in public though, lol.

One of my wishes did come true though, apparently there are making a mettalic Optimus Prime (Transformers: The Movie) complete with the Autobot Matrix of Leadership which lights up blue.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The "Down With Love" choclate bars, just like the ones in the movie. I actually searched the Internet for them, and didn't find any.

The Roxie Hart dolls from "Chicago," the ones you see in the display window of the store in the newsreel footage.

JamesDrake

Agent
A 1:18 scale die cast Spinner from BladeRunner, Made by ERTL of Course.

I would also like to have Deckard's (Ford's) trench coat from that movie too, or a copy.

A Voight Kampf machine.....don't ask, really.

Chewy's Bowcaster...I'm sure these are available somwhere.

The hoverboard from BTTF. My friends and I thought these were real the first time we saw the movie. Of course, I was only 14 when I saw it.

Miniature 1:18 scale Time Machine from The Time Machine. Of course this would be Franklin Mint or something like that quality in Brass, glass, and leather too. That would make a nice desk conversation piece.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Hummer H2 "Fried Green Tomatoes" Trim Package

Ok, enough. James, I feel you on your Blade Runner choices. I forgot what the gentleman paid for Bryant's desk from the movie. I mean c'mon. I'm occassionally horrified when I think of the cabbage I've dropped on Blade Runner themed merchandise. To think there's so much more I want.

Those would include:

1. For Vangelis to release a complete Official Score, rather than the 94 Blade Runner themed release. He only stands to gain. Over the years, many bootlegs (Congo, Off-Road-2000 Copy Lim Ed.) have basically taken money out of his pocket. Man he's a weird man.

2. Any of Sebastian's toys, other than the live ones of course.

3. Vesper prop

4. A Walmart available Neon Handled Umbrella. I think I could bring these into fashion. (I've seen the overpriced e-bay props)

I can see number 1 maybe hitting stores one day. There is demand and various petition for it.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Oh, and how could I have forgotten in my earlier post one of the all time great merchandising tie ins, Spaceballs the flamethrower?

Andy_S

Second Unit
I always thought it would be fun to own vehicles from TV/Movies.

A BTTF DeLorean.

The black A-Team van

The General Lee from Dukes of Hazard

The Road Warrir car

KITT from Knight Rider

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
An affordable 1:1 Han Solo in Carbonite.

What an entrance to my HT THAT would make!!

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
One of those grey aliens in an iron lung contraption. I saw one in Sharper Image one time. It had an errie glow cast upon the alien's body by a blue looking lamp. It was something an absurd $4000.

A life size statue of a Xenomorph from Alien. Now THAT would be cool. They cost too much too.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator

You can buy Anduril now. :)

It would be much closer to the real thing than a lightsaber. Although there are a ton of good saber handles out there, you can get a full blanded Anduril or Narsil, and have something much cooler to hang on the wall.....

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Yes indeed, you can get LOTR replica swords - my fiancee bought me a kick ass Glamdring (Gandalf's sword) replica for Christmas, it's hanging on my wall as of yesterday.

My answer: A full-size Balrog replica, complete with flame and smoke producing apparatus :)

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to get the lifesize Cave Troll from the FOTR premiere in NZ, and the lifesize Fellbeast from the ROTK premiere. They'd make kickass Halloween decorations:D :D :D

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Yes, the replica Anduril would be closer then a lightsaber handle, which is why I specified a WORKING lightsaber. :) And either way, even the replica of Anduril is out of my price range. [shrug]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
How about a working Matrix? You could be in charge of it....hmmm.....

I think I'd like to have my own The One Ring. The One Ring looks awesomely cool and I'm surprised they haven't made it yet. If they could get the text to pop up when next to fire that would rock, too.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Morgan,
I remember seeing one where the text becomes visible, after doing something(I don't remember what). I think it was available around the time of the Fellowship release.

Clay-F

Stunt Coordinator

They made several of "one rings"....

Depending on how much you want to pay. You can get a cheap plastic one, or a nice gold one.

The invisibility only works when nobody is watching.....

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The only two things I've ever wanted from a movie (other than Bo Derek in '10') are now outmoded pieces of technology, but really cutting edge at the time:

(a) a digital watch (the really old type where you have to press a button for the display to illuminate) used in one of the 70s Bond movies (sorry, can't recall which one) before anyone had heard of digital watches. I remember seeing this in the cinema when it came out and the whole audience going 'oohhh' in appreciation.

(b) the Nakamichi cassette deck that had a drawer that came out, reversed the cassette on a little turntable then reinserted it (I think it was in Nine and Half Weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks