What's new

Mounting SCS-01 to sonus stands from SVS? (1 Viewer)

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Can anyone help with mounting the SCS-01? I bought the sonus stands from svs, but how do I get the speakers to stand on them vertically? I don't see a screw hole on the side of the speaker, am I supposed to make one?

Anyone that has done this, please advise. Thanks...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The sides are square aren't they? If so, no "mounting" necessary. Just set them on the stands. You typically don't screw any speakers to stands.

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
I would never set a speaker on a stand without "securing" it in some way. My speakers have meatal inserts for this purpose. Call SVS and ask them if you can screw into the bottom or at very least; use some velcro.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have always used small speakers on stands and have never attached them. Those speakers are heavy enough that anything which would knock them off the stands would just knock the whole think over if they were connected. Stands usually have some kind of rubber pads on them so the speakers don't just slide off, but I've never seen any need for anything more than that.

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I'll post a picture of my family, there's a 5 yr old, 3 yr old, and 6 mo old version of "a reason" all lined up for you John ;)

But you are correct. I talked to Eric at SVS support and he says there is no connector - they just sit on the stands. He suggested using some double-sided foam tape to secure the speaker to stand if more was desired. Only problem there is the soultion is permanent, the top of that stand is now a part of your svs speaker. He did agree though that I could screw a small hole in the speaker side and attach a screw (through the stand) that would provide stability and not compromise the speaker integrity. I'll probably do that, the speakers already have two screw holes on the bottom of the unit, one more on the side isn't going to kill them.

Thanks all...

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
If they have holes in the bottom cant you just drill the stands and protect your speakers from additional holes?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I understand your point Joe. My point was just that attaching the speaker to the stands probably won't solve much, since if someone pushes it hard enough to knock the speaker off, they are pushing it hard enough to just push the whole thing over if they are attached together.

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
Don't ruin your speakers by screwing into the bottom. Use a little "blue-tac" on the stand and your speakers will not fall off. My little speakers survived an energetic child and yours should as well.
JP

Joe S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
I hadn't thought of blue-tac or such goodies, that's a good option. Just a little stick to provide stability, but not a forever seal. Thanks Jim...

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hello Joe,

I have this same problem. I am reluctant to use double sided foam, and if you have the SCS speakers, you know they are quite large in comparison to the support provided by the Sanus stands. In my opinion, it is a bad design. Eric recommended the double sided foam to me as well, but I may want to change the configuration at some time in the future.

Please let me know what you end up with and maybe even post pictures.

Thank you,
Don

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Jim beat me to the blue-tac; I used double sided foam on my last satellites and the adhesive bond was so good its now permanent. I thought the set I have now would be ok since the stands have small metal spikes, just enough to keep them from sliding but my cats have knocked them off twice. I now have perimeter alarms to keep them away but still going to order the blue-tac as a precaution.

Greg Gable

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg
I have to disagree because I have seen it happen in person. I was at my dealer to purchase a paradigm center channel and a lady knocked the one I was looking at off the stand, it fell on her foot and broke her foot, busted the grill of the digm and nicked the corner. I immediately bought it for 350 bucks off the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks