What's new

Mounting Crossovers (Clarification) (1 Viewer)

Brandon-K

Grip
I am finalizing the build of my second DIY project, and I am ready to mount the crossovers in my LCC. My other project (Adire 281 towers), came with hardware and I believe a designated spot to mount the crossovers, so my job was easy. My current project (Exodus LCR) didn't seem to come with either of those, so I am trying to get clarification on how to mount the crossovers.

After reading around this morning, it looks like people tend to hot glue the peg board straight to the enclosure. Does anyone have any pictures of this? If you don't screw the board down, how do you keep it in place while the glue dries? Did you just put a little glue in each corner of the board, or does it take a significant amount?

I have my crossovers soldered and ready to go, and I just happen to have a glue gun in the next room ready and willing.

Thanks!

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I vote for screws. Hot melt glue has this way of slowly releasing its hold on things. This is not good....

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Put something between the peg board and the enclosure like a thin mouse pad. You don't want any vibrations between the middle of the pegboard and the box.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks