What's new

Moulin Rouge DVD Re-release in Jan 03? (1 Viewer)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Being from within Canada, I can assure you, there is nothing to that effect on the cover. FOX is one of those studios which does not do bilingual covers, thank god!

Florian B

Agent
Also, DVDSoon (Canadian) online retailer is selling the first release Moulin Rouge DVD for less than $12. It is a Region 1 version. Is there any difference with Canadian and US versions?

Gary
Hi Gary,

this is definitely a mistake on the site of dvdsoon.com. They list the product as the 2-discer but it actually is the new 1-discer. The release date is listed as Jan 14, just like the 1-disc rerelease and the UPC and CatalogNumber from dvdsoon-site are different from the numbers of the original 2disc-release.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I hope the single disc release comes in a sturdier plastic keepcase (red preferably, like the r2 release). I've seen it 18+ times so far, and would like to decrease scuffing wear on the cardboard case.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Are there any specs for the single release?
I.E. How many tracks (DD5.1, DD2.0, DTS) and subtitles?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I saw it at Best Buy the other day.

It is just a reissue of the first disc w/ a lower price (2-disc will go OOP).

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
An earlier thread mentioned that Fox couldn't replicate the dts sync issue after testing 250 discs off of the production line. They said that the only way to get the audio out of sync was to switch the audio track during playback using the remote, which I find quite puzzling. My disc requires me to visit the audio menu to switch audio tracks.
If this is just a re-release of disc one from first release, then the specs are:
  • 2.35:1 anamorphic THX-certified transfer (Certified for what? They missed the sync issue.)
  • English dts 5.1
  • English Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Spanish DD 2.0 Surround (I think there is also a R1 release with French 2.0 Surround...)
  • English DD 2.0 Surround narrated for the visually impaired (If you were visually impaired, wouldn't you want to hear it in 5.1? :crazy: )
  • Two audio commentaries
  • Behind the scenes branching thing
  • English subtitles and closed captions
I highly recommend buying the two disc set over the single disc edition. The extended/multi-angle dance sequences are worth the extra money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks