What's new

Most surprising titles that have yet to be double dipped? (1 Viewer)

Eric Gripp

Agent
Since double and triple (or more!) dipping is such a prevalent practice with DVD's, which titles that haven't yet are most surprising? My picks off the top of my head would be Jurassic Park, Psycho, and the Indiana Jones Trilogy.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
By far the most surprising to me is Home Alone. It's one of the most popular movies of all time, and the original barebones non-anamorphic DVD is awful.

Edited to add: apparently the new DVD is coming next month. Since the leap to HD, I haven't followed the upcoming SD-DVD release dates so closely.

Psycho and Jurassic Park have arguably been double dipped. Psycho has been repackaged and included in boxsets with exclusive material. It was also redone for last year's Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection boxset, and I'm sure that version will be released as a standalone sooner or later. Jurassic Park was initially released in several different versions, and has been repackaged in boxsets with exclusive material. If you wanted both DTS sound and all of the Special Features, you had to buy to different DVDs of Jurassic Park on the day it was first released. That may be the ultimate double dip.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Well, it would be a triple-dip, but I can't believe we still don't have an anamorphic dvd of Somewhere In Time.

I have pretty good information that confirms an anamorphic transfer has existed for several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks