What's new

Most requested "stalled" show? (1 Viewer)

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit
Originally Posted by darkrock17

The Wizard of Oz (1990) DiC

An interesting choice Andrew... This was a fun spin on the Oz tales using the MGM character likenesses to offer some continued stories of the characters. And it also featured music from the movie for background purposes... Sort of the last hurrah of Saturday morning programming, IMHO!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
An interesting choice Andrew... This was a fun spin on the Oz tales using the MGM character likenesses to offer some continued stories of the characters. And it also featured music from the movie for background purposes... Sort of the last hurrah of Saturday morning programming, IMHO!

I love Oz and have always wanted to see all 13 episodes, not just the ones I was able to catch from 1991-1996. As for last hurrah, the early 90's was the last of the Saturday Morning Cartoons for the major three networks at least. Fox had its run until about late 1999-2001. The WB had its time from 1994-2002. Nostalgia for my childhood.

Joe Harder

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Harder
Slattery's People My World and Welcome to It The Trials of O'Brien Homefront The Westerner East Side/west Side

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Joe Harder said:
Slattery's People My World and Welcome to It The Trials of O'Brien Homefront The Westerner East Side/west Side
Those shows aren't stalled. They never got started!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I wish someone would finish HBO's Dream On. As for Charlie's Angels, if ABC's remake is successful this year, perhaps the original will get restarted to tie into the eventual DVD release of the new show.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Malcolm R said:

Really? There was this post in another thread...

The thing I find hard to believe about the majority of the Belvedere fanbase, is that they keep saying over and over again that they're gonna buy the sets when they become available, but then they end up never doing so. I kept telling them over and over and over again to buy the sets, because they chances of the final two seasons being released will be much better, than if they just wait for a complete series set, and I even had a video trying to tell them to do the same thing. But sadly, not enough fans followed my lead, and I don't know why. I mean, are they really using "the tough economy", "the recession", and a "waiting for a complete series set" as excuses not to buy the sets? And don't give me any of that crap that it doesn't have a big fanbase. It does. In fact, The Hub said that they had gotten a lot of requests for Mr. Belvedere. And Family Matters has a big fanbase, yet that show is still stuck at season 1 for some reason.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I saw the trailer of the new Muppet Movie. The plot seems to revolve around the Muppet Show being revived. If there is any hope for the remaining part of the Muppet show short of MOD, it should be around Thanksgiving this year.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Of course, "the continuing story of Peyton Place". Then: Green Acres Knots Landing The Love Boat Love American Style The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction- all of the B/W episodes are now out legitimately by CBS/Paramount- so where are the color episodes from Fall 1965 and onwards? Burke's Law Mission: Impossible- well, sort of since this is regarding the 1980s sequel series on ABC also starring Peter Graves Alfred Hitchcock Presents

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I really think it's about time that two of the most popular sitcom of the 60's must be completed, I'm talking about Green Acres and The Beverly Hillbillies. Another series that I'd like to see completed is the second season of Burke's Law.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
I think it´s time to continue with the series: 1) Hart to Hart 2) The Fall Guy 3) Matt Houston 4) Cannon 5) Barnaby Jones 6) Jake and the Fatman 7) Vega$ 8) Streets of San Francisco For example: I have no explanation why Sony won´t release Season 3-5 of "Hart to Hart". This is such a popular series. I can´t imagine that the selling numbers of Season 2 were so bad that Sony refused to continue with the series. Maybe it has something to do with music rights? I really don´t know......

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
I kept telling them over and over and over again to buy the sets, because they chances of the final two seasons being released will be much better, than if they just wait for a complete series set,

I seriously doubt that you will ever see a complete series set for Mr. Belvedere, not sure why your friends think that one will be released?! Shout! Factory has not even been able to finish releasing the season sets so why would they release a complete series set- if it was VEI releasing the show then I could understand why you would think a complete series set might be coming but I don't see this happening with Shout! Hopefully the final two seasons are released at some point but it might be a while from the looks of things. One thing to remember, with TV on DVD you never know what can happen, just when you think a show is dead and buried along comes another release. Case in point Growing Pains, S2 was released 5 years after the release of the first season. Personally I thought this show was done on DVD but thankfully I was wrong. Now the waiting game begins anew to see if S3 is forthcoming or if it gets stalled out again?!

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
If Shout can't do it, I wouldn't mind seeing a complete Mr. Belvedere series from VEI. Has VEI ever released DVD sets of shows produced by and/or owned by 20th Century Fox? Also, I don't know if they can be used as clues as to whether or not shout will go back and get the final two seasons, but the best seller ranking numbers on amazon for season 4 seem to be very erratic. One moment, it's up in the #20,000's zone, the next, it's down in the #40,000's. Supposedly, season 4 is a better seller in Canada (as of right now, it's #10,529). I even remember it was sold out the first day or so it was on amazon.ca

HaigH

Agent
Happy Days, at least one more season so we can see it "jump the shark." The lag in the release is surprising, which means sales are soft.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
HaigH said:
Happy Days, at least one more season so we can see it "jump the shark." The lag in the release is surprising, which means sales are soft.
I don't know when the last time is that you looked at the next season of Happy Days but there is way too much music for it to ever get released. Suzi Quatro starts making appearances and every episode she's in is about 50% music. There's also a Valentine's Day episode made up entirely of songs. It would cost a fortune to put this season out intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks