What's new

Most Popular Newly Announced Blu-rays: The Latest Amazon Preorders Listed Here (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
doug zdanivsky said:
Thanks, that took me to the US Amazon site, where they too (the reviewers) are saying it won't play on DVD players that can't play all regions.. : ((
When I look at the reviews I see this one where the reviewer seems to be saying those complaining have bought an import:
I write this review to make up for those who don't bother reading the small print and purchased an import (PAL format) Blu Ray of the Shogun mini series which won't play on their US made blu ray players. Yes, we have all made errors and mistakes in not closely checking the format and the region code, but that has no bearing on the quality of the film or television presentation reviewed.For everyone's information the US version of James Clavell's Shogun television miniseries is being released by Paramount onJuly 22, 2014. Shogun is a classic, 5 episode miniseries from 1980, and it will be displayed in a screen format of 1.33:1 but this release has been eagerly awaited by it's many fans for many years.
There this one that says it's an NTSC issue:
It is important to note that this is the current release version of the movie which is the European version and may have trouble playing in NTSC based blu-ray players. Its of note that the NTSC version of this film IS being released July 22nd 2014. So if you get a version that is pre July 22nd 2014, it is most likely the European version.
None of the blu ray reviews mention region coding being a problem. This is being released 7/22 and is being sold by Amazon without mentioning anything about region coding, which is how Amazon usually lists region A discs. I think this isw a region A release. If it were to turn out not be so, I would return it in a flash.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So, Amazon isn't taking preorders for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Lame. Who else is good for release date preorder delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks