What's new

most disturbing scene or episode on tv . Spoilers abound (no reality/news please) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Not sure if this counts, but on the latest episode of The Showbiz Show, they did a montage of scenes from current CBS crime shows. The level of violence and gore was really shocking (which was the point of the montage). We're talking HBO here.

God forbid a boob should ever pop out. . . :rolleyes

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

X Files, "Home" is definitely up there, but from Buffy, what shocked me more was in "Villians" when Willow, enraged by the death of her lover, catches the culprit, Warren, in the woods, then proceeds to use magic to tie him up, push a bullet into his heart, and then finishing by ripping the flesh off of his body then burning him up (alive).

I knew from spoilers that she was going to burn him up alive, but I was so distracted from her final phrase ("Bored now!") that the flaying was a total surprise.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Another one I just thought of that isn't so much disturbing as it was painful to watch(for a guy anyway) was this season on The Shield: a guy sticks his "junk" in a glory hole only to get it caught in a moustrap. That had me literally squirming in my chair while watching it.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Disturbing to me was on Grey's Anatomy when George and Meredith are having sex. She starts crying and then ask "You're almost done, right?"

Talk about killing the moment.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, Grey's Anatomy is just one of those shows that, even though I've never seen an episode, I already hate it for some reason. The promos are annoying enough that I know I could never sit through a full episode of the show.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

A little graphic? That's like saying Bill Gates has a little money. Man, that's one crazy video clip and it doesn't even have all the disturbing moments from The X-Files or CSI(including the Tarantino episode).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Humph. Another reason to berate the heavy-hand of big brother, a.k.a. censorship. I have little clue as to why the aforesaid scenes are as disturbing as you guys make them out to be -- OK, that's an exaggeration, but for instance I never actually saw much of what happened to Aceveda, I guessed he'd been beaten up or something and only realised something nasty sexually had happened to him much later in the context of what was said by the perp in later encounters.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
War and Remembrance: John Gielgud dies in a Nazi gas chamber.

C.S.I.: A high stakes poker player is on the autopsy table. Doc Robbins starts peeling his face off.

The Shield: Vic shoots Terry.

The Shield: Vic holds the drug lord's face to a hot stove.

The Shield: Aceveda's rape (and the scene makes it totally unambiguous what happened).

The Shield: Shane kills Lem.

Rome: Titus Pulo in the gladitorial arena.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i haven't seen anything that's disturbing yet =) and i've seen a great # of those moments you mentioned in the above already. even films (like history of violence, irreversible and other sick crap). maybe i'm just damned depraved like quentin and his friend rodriguez (they are sick people).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Huh? Did you fall asleep during the "raping"? It couldn't have been more obvious what happened.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
strangely off topic, how does that compare with american history x raping of ed norton's character?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
No, I didn't fall asleep, it was censored.

Likewise with the version of American History X which I watched here, which clearly skews with ones sympathies (or lack thereof) for Norton's character.

IIRC, the same "problem" occurred with the Accused, anyone who watched the censored version (which edited most of the rape scene out) would be less sympathetic to Foster's character, since they hadn't seen the full brutality of what had happened to her.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"Millennium" had a lot of disturbing stuff, but the one piece of the series that really stays with me is the extended apocalypse sequence in the Season 2 finale cut to the Patti Smith Group's "Land: Horses/Land of a Thousand Dances/La Mer (De)" medley.

Regards,

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

Terrifying episode. That's up there for me, too.

I also was horrified by Romano's decent into madness after losing his arm. At the end of one episode, he gets his ass kicked in a bar by two thugs and the look on his face before it faded to black said it all -- what am I going to do with the rest of my life?

Die under the burning wreckage of a helicopter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks