What's new

most disturbing scene or episode on tv . Spoilers abound (no reality/news please) (1 Viewer)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
Lets try to stick to stricktly scripted shows.
And note that just by clicking on this thread, there are bound to be lots of spoilers.
There are 3 moments that got to be, the first would be on the shiled when Mackey scolds the guy's head over the hot stove, and when Acerveda is raped (in a very prolonged scene)
And in season 1 of deadwood where both of the kids were shot in the head.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I think the CSI episode with Nick trapped in the glass coffin with red ants eating him was pretty disturbing. That whole 2 parter was pretty disturbing.

There was an episode of Grey's Anatomy. The one with the big train crash. Two survivors had a pipe through them like a shish-ka-bob. The doctors had to decide which one would have to die to save the other. That would be very hard to do.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The actaul shots of the sex change operation during the South park episode of " Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" - as well as the final shot of Kyle's knees blowing out on the basketball court.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Thats easy, the whole episode of "Home" on the X Files. Everything from incest to dead babies. That was a damn scary episode.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I would agree with Rick, that is the only TV episode that has ever given me the chills.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In the realm of disturbing but funny, in The Sopranos when Janice is using a vibrator on Ralphie and pretends to be his pimp.

In the realm of just plain disturbing, Jack being forced by the bad guys to kill Chappelle (his boss) in the third season of 24 (Day Three: 6 AM To 7 AM) was pretty bad. It looks like the show may take the easy way out and let Chappelle kill himself. Only he can't do it and so Jack kills him. The whole episode is a tense build up to it and it's just plain rough when it happens. It's a "Goddamn, I can't believe they did that!" moment.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with The X-Files episode "Home". Scary as hell, shouldn't be watched while home alone. Also killing those kids in Deadwood bothered me for a day or two, as did Aceveda's blowjob in The Shield.

I might add to the list of disturbing moments those couple "eye scenes" from Farscape - from the episodes DNA Mad Scientist and A Clockwork Nebari. Also the moments in Twin Peaks when Bob's around make me a bit jumpy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As far as a show really shaking me up through and through, I would have to say the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode 'The Body'. It captured death, plain and simple, coming home to find your mom just...dead, no vampire bite, no demon, just...dead.

Buffy wandering to the back door on a lovely sunny day, the birds are chirping and people are going about their daily lives while her world has just collapsed, rings so true that it hurts to watch. In fact, especially considering that it was a show about monsters and vampires, no show has captured that as fully or as painfully.

Now, if we're talking just f***ed up stuff, the episode of Prison Break when those two bastards killed the kids parents and then the one convict killed the other guys cat.

That ep is actually the one that turned me off to the show, dropped it like a hot potato and haven't thought about it since.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The most disturbing thing I can recall was when Beecher hit Schillinger in the head with the heavy iron weight and then squatted over his face and shit in his mouth.

Oz was never advertised as a family show... :D

Brad

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Scott. That the 2-part season finale of CSI that Tarantino directed was pretty damn disturbing from start to finish. Hell, they find someone's entrails laying on the ground in the first couple minutes of the show. There's also been some pretty crazy stuff on The Shield(Aceveda's rape, the stove incident) and The Sopranos(Melfi's rape, Tony and Christopher chopping up Ralphie Ciffaretto).

The episode of 24 where Jack killed Chappelle wasn't so much disturbing as it was just a complete shock. I think it was the first time I've ever sat there with my mouth open going "I can't believe they just did that on network television".

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Prison Break does have some pretty messed up scene's, but what are you expecting? It's a show about convicts...
The one thing that instantly popped into my head was also from Prison Break, where one of the characters, nickname "Tweener", is beeing "raped" by this other character who's nickname is "Avacado" and finally Tweener has enough and grabs a shive and cuts the guys unmentionable's off. We don't see the actual cutting but we see Tweener pull out the the shive and the camera cuts with the guy screaming. Some messed up stuff, but that show is amazingly well done.

Just remember "On a test in high school, Jack Bauer wrote down violence for all his answers, because Jack Backer always solves things with violence."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The episode of King of the Hill where Hank and Peggy get drunk and roll around in the garage, then go skydiving, and Peggy's parachute doesn't open. That was really heavy stuff (especially for an animated show that's on before 8 pm).

Most episodes of Six Feet Under. :)

And the overly graphic stuff from Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina -- that was just uncalled for. Probably the only South Park rerun that I skipped.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Add me to the list of those who found the X-Files episode "Home" to be one of the most psychologically disturbing and unnerving things I've ever viewed on either broadcast or basic cable. I wrote a longish post about it in the "Quick X-Files Guide" thread...about its effect on me.

Excellent, excellent episode...first viewing, and every viewing thereafter. It has never lost its power to thoroughly chill me.

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
There was an episode of ER that originally aired at least 9 or 10 years ago that featured a pregnant woman who bleeds out during labor. Anthony Edwards was the doctor. Very scary for someone who (at the time) was trying to start a family.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I agree that the episode called "The Body" in Buffy was disturbing. Real raw, emotional, harsh etc. Joss did a really great job of keeping the viewers uncomfortable during the entire show. It is really hard watching it on dvd because you get no breaks at all.

Speaking of ER. I guess I find the whole show too disturbing. I have only watched one episode and that was it. When I found out that Kellie Martin was on the show, I decided to watch an episode. She got stabbed and died. I found the entire show way too stressfull. Not enjoyable at all.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

Was that the "Love's Labor Lost" episode? That episode is typically recognized as the #1 overall ER episode... it was very tough to watch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks