What's new

More Miyazaki DVDs coming in 2004 (1 Viewer)

KyleK

Second Unit
According to The Digital Bits, these titles have been delayed, with no new release date
Why, God, why?

I was so looking forward to finally having Totoro as part of my collection. Hopefully the delay is to make sure of the utmost quality.

Kyle:D

KyleK

Second Unit
According to The Digital Bits, these titles have been delayed, with no new release date
Why, God, why?

I was so looking forward to finally having Totoro as part of my collection. Hopefully the delay is to make sure of the utmost quality.

Kyle:D

Tim O.

Grip
I have a sinking feeling they've been delayed so Disney can promote the U.S. release of Miyazaki's new movie Howl's Moving Castle. If that's the case, we won't see them until at least next year, since Howl isn't even out in Japan yet.

I'm sick of titles being delayed for months as a cross-promotion tactic.

Tim O.

Grip
I have a sinking feeling they've been delayed so Disney can promote the U.S. release of Miyazaki's new movie Howl's Moving Castle. If that's the case, we won't see them until at least next year, since Howl isn't even out in Japan yet.

I'm sick of titles being delayed for months as a cross-promotion tactic.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I can bet that is why they are delayed.

I'll just be enjoying my R2 Nausicaa for another year while Disney USA manages to screw it up
What are they going to do to screw it up? It will have OAR, it will have OSL, and it will have special features. How is that "screwing it up"?

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I can bet that is why they are delayed.

I'll just be enjoying my R2 Nausicaa for another year while Disney USA manages to screw it up
What are they going to do to screw it up? It will have OAR, it will have OSL, and it will have special features. How is that "screwing it up"?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Let's see Tony...

Spirited Away's R1 transfer (abiet non-red-pushed) is considerably softer than the direct/digital R2/R3 transfers.

Kiki's delivery service has an effects track on both the japanese and english versions that is delayed by a second.

Castle in the Sky's subtitles malfunction on many players...

:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Let's see Tony...

Spirited Away's R1 transfer (abiet non-red-pushed) is considerably softer than the direct/digital R2/R3 transfers.

Kiki's delivery service has an effects track on both the japanese and english versions that is delayed by a second.

Castle in the Sky's subtitles malfunction on many players...

:D

svenge

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Svenge Guttensen
Rob, how bad is the audio tracks on Kiki? Are they really that bad/distracting?

svenge

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Svenge Guttensen
Rob, how bad is the audio tracks on Kiki? Are they really that bad/distracting?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
You'd really have to see it yourself... but dialogue/music are in the correct places... just things like doors closing, footsteps, and other recorded sound effects are quite off. There was a big thread about it a while ago.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
You'd really have to see it yourself... but dialogue/music are in the correct places... just things like doors closing, footsteps, and other recorded sound effects are quite off. There was a big thread about it a while ago.

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
I've never thought of it completely before but here's my biased rankings of the Ghibli movies

1 Nausicaa
2 Only Yesterday
3 Kiki's Delivery Service
4 Porco Rosso
5 Pom Poko
6 Laputa
7 Castle of Cagliostro
8 My Neighbor Totoro
9 Grave of the Fireflies
10 Whisper of the Heart
11 Princess Mononoke
12 Spirited Away
13 My Neighbors the Yamadas
14 Cat Returns

Boy was that tough to spit out, they're all really good actually.

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
I've never thought of it completely before but here's my biased rankings of the Ghibli movies

1 Nausicaa
2 Only Yesterday
3 Kiki's Delivery Service
4 Porco Rosso
5 Pom Poko
6 Laputa
7 Castle of Cagliostro
8 My Neighbor Totoro
9 Grave of the Fireflies
10 Whisper of the Heart
11 Princess Mononoke
12 Spirited Away
13 My Neighbors the Yamadas
14 Cat Returns

Boy was that tough to spit out, they're all really good actually.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
hope they don't red-shift and change the aspect ratio of these releases. i also hope they do a better job of encoding. but who am i kidding. it's Disney. big corporations suck at dvd encoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks