What's new

More hints at Star Wars 30th Anniversary DVD set? (2 Viewers)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Great thoughts, Grant. I thought the ROTS duel had more intensity than any of the other duels (save perhaps the duel in ESB) and as you said it really did look like they were trying to kill each other.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Now for a post somewhat on topic:

Whenever it comes time to release the films on Blu-ray, at least it will give Lucasfilm an excuse to re-master the soundtracks yet again...for 7.1 lossless audio.

Just don't screw up the mixes!!! And by that I mean fix the damage done first!!

And quite frankly, they'll probably want to remaster the video too, 4K Lowry restoration, which will give them an excuse to fix all the visual FX and color timing as well. These things will take time, so a nice 30th Anniversary Saga set on DVD could be something to tide everyone over. They'd probably like to use it as a fundraiser though, and if they don't anticipate big sales....

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I just watched ESB on HBO-HD tonight and the one thing that has to be addressed in the next release is Vader's PINK lightsaber. I'm sorry, but Sith Lords don't carry pink lightsabers. Look at the color of Dooku's saber in Episodes II and III....that is the color Vader's should be. Period.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
If they get rid of that Vader returns to his ship while destroying the pace of the film nonsense, I'll gladly sit through a revised Empire.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The problem is that from a "tide over" point of view, everything presently available does exactly that. They should take the high road, let the 'franchise' lie fallow while they sort out whatever they want to do for hi def, and then release it properly when it's all ready. I mean, at best they might bundle all 13 discs currently out (4-disc OT box + 3 discs of OOT + 6 discs of PT) into one nice package, but that would be seen as a blantant rip off to fleece loyal fans since it adds nothing save the nifty box, and even a further new disc of limited new extras would be viewed equally skeptically.

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
Couldn't agree more. Let them take the time to do one, big, mistake-free Ultimate Edition remaster for hi-def. Let them take the time to properly remaster the unaltered original films. Bring it out in 2012 for the 35th anniversary (by which time hopefully there'll be a mainstream hi-def format), down-convert it for those who haven't progressed beyond DVD, and everyone's happy.

All six films, hi-def, uncompressed sound, no quick fixes like the 2004 set, all the deleted scenes, all the extras from the original releases, and any new extras ones that can expand on those documentaries. And the original unaltered films for the purists. I'd happily wait for that.:)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Me neither. Naturally I'd prefer the "Bring my shuttle" line to be restored, but other than that the pink lightsaber is really my only problem with the SE version of ESB. Thankfully it's the least tampered with of the original films and addressing those two things would make it perfect again IMHO.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
The only way I'd buy the Star Wars movies AGAIN is if they were released for Blu-ray.

Eric Gripp

Agent
Nothing wrong with geeking out Grant H. We are on a Star Wars thread after all! I thought you made some good points, but I just think that a realistic fight will always trump an over-choreographed fight.

Of course I'm a person who loves Indiana Jones, the dirtiest fighter in cinema history. Throwing sand in a face, biting a hand, pointing at the ground to distract somebody before sucker-punching them, etc... I like when somebody seems like they are really fighting for their life. Not just going through pre-set moves.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Pink lightsabers are like pink shirts. The manly ones are really burgundy mixed with white.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks