What's new

More HD DVD On The Way - Blazing Saddles & The Fugitive - May 23rd. (1 Viewer)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Just in from WB:
----------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE ATTACHED

WARNER HOME VIDEO TO RELEASE

TWO MORE HD DVD TITLES

Blazing Saddles and The Fugitive Debut May 23

Burbank, Calif., (May 17, 2006) – Warner Home Video (WHV) has announced the HD DVD release of The Fugitive and Blazing Saddles debuting May 23. Both titles will be available for $28.99 SRP.

The Fugitive, which stars Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones is the box-office hit and Best picture Oscar® -nominated motion picture based on the long-running TV series about a surgeon falsely accused of killing his wife; Blazing Saddles stars Cleavon Little as an unlikely sheriff in the town of Rock Ridge, Harvey Korman as the villain, Madeline Kahn as a Marlene Dietrich-style chanteuse, Gene Wilder as the wacko Waco Kid and Brooks himself as a not-too-sharp politico.

All bonus materials on the Standard Definition versions of each of the two titles will be included on the HD DVD versions.

Warner Home Video HD DVDs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color in addition to beautifully crisp sound. HD DVD also provides a new level of interactivity, giving instant access to extra features with the debut of a seamless menu bar that allows viewers to enjoy features and settings without leaving or interrupting the film.

About Warner Home Video

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Could Warner be less prepared for HD-DVD rollouts?

If this like Unforgiven and Full Metal Jacket, Best Buy won't have them on street date and Amazon won't even have them available for order, let alone preorder.

Why are they playing these releases so close to the vest?

- Steve

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Don't know if "Blazing Saddles" and/or "The Fugitive" will be at Best Buy next Tuesday, but my local BB had "Unforgiven" and "Full Metal Jacket" in stock, yesterday (May 16).

Paul

Edit: They weren't on the shelf and I did have to ask for them. The lady had to go in the back, after checking her computer showing they had them, to look for them. It took about 10 minutes before she came out and gave me the two discs.:)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I went to two different Best Buys on three total occasions on Tuesday, and none of them had the first clue that:

1) New HD-DVD's were coming
2) That they should have been delivered on Tuesday
3) That other stores had them
4) That they could look for them in the back room to find them

I had to prove to them on Wednesday morning that I could order at least Full Metal Jacket online for pickup at the very store I was standing in. That at least prompted someone with the slightest clue to find the SKU, verify inventory on the computer, and check with someone in the back room.

If Warner's late announcements are going to make this SOP at Best Buy, then they've just lost my business.

And Amazon STILL does not have Unforgiven up for order. Unforgivable.

- Steve

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
They finally adjusted Full Metal Jacket, so it ships in 1-2 days, rather than 4-6 weeks, like they had it yesterday.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

If this is the first time you've experienced this at Best Buy, you've been extremely lucky. It certainly isn't limited to HD-DVD. Anything that doesn't need to be prominently displayed in the store is at risk of not getting put out in a timely manner. If it's not a "big" release, there is no guarantee it's getting put on the shelf. They have been getting better at getting catalog titles out on Tuesdays, but there was a time when it was pretty frustrating.

Out of about 5-6 Best Buys in my area, only 1 store did not have FMJ and Unforgiven on Tuesday (they got them in on Wednesday).

I have had to send them to the back to fetch what I want many, many times. You can check inventory on one of the in-store PCs if you didn't do it before you left, then grab one of them to verify inventory and go to the back.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
My local BB has had every new HD-DVD release on street date so far. This past tuesday, the discs were received only that morning and I had to get the young lady to actually go check the stock room. After several minutes, she emerged victorious.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My local BBs have also had all HD-DVD titles in stock on street day and plenty of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks