What's new

More Disney Treasures? (1 Viewer)

Did enough units of the Disney Treasures Tins sell to warrant more releases? I enjoyed all of them, but while I found the Disneyland USA interesting I'm not sure if it has a lot of repeat play value. The Silly Symphonies and Mikey Mouse sets where great.

Have any future releases been memtioned. I'd like to see:

a.) A Donald Duck Collection to include "Der Feuher's Face"

b.) A Disneyland Collection with the "Man In Space" series

c.) A collection of the B&W Disney cartoons.

d.) A collection of the "True Life Adventures"

e.) A collection of the films that Disney made in support of the WWII effort.

f.) Maybe even some stuff from The Mickey Mouse Club to include "The Adventures Of Spin and Marty"

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
The ironic thing is the Treasures tins are limited to 150,000 copies each, so total sales can't possibly play into whether they will release more collections. I'm not sure how they will gauge demand. Maybe they'll wait 6 months and see what they're going for on eBay. :D

Blu

Screenwriter
I'd like to see Zorro in a Treasure set similar to the Davey Crockett one and El Fego Backa (sp?)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I would love a "Disney Treasures" version
of many of Goofy's animated shorts, as well
as some of Donald Duck's.
What I am really missing right now, is the
animated short (about 20-30 minute long)
The Prince and The Pauper which
Disney released as an "opener" theatrically
for The Rescuers Down Under.
Mickey played the dual role of the prince and
the pauper. Goofy, Donald, and Pluto all had significant
roles, and it was really really well done.
The animation was top of the line, and
the story was a total delight and felt like
"Classic Disney" fare.
They did release a VHS of the short by itself,
but I gave that to my niece and nephew several
years ago at the onset of my DVD addiction.
-Mark

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
according to the disney encyclopedia there are 20 more mickey color shorts, and 75 more black and white shorts, so lots of potential there.

There are four solo chip and dale cartoons, so hopefully they'll be included as easter eggs on any donald sets.

as for donald duck there are 128 donald cartoons presumably mostly all in color (it makes no mention of which one was the first).

there are 48 goofy cartoons presumably all in color.

there are also 75 silly symphonies cartoons (all total, not sure how many were on the ss set)

There were 78 episodes of zorro which would hardly fit onto a two disc disney treasures set. Maybe they'll start releasing more tv though, i want zorro gummy bears, tale spin, duck tales and chip and dales rescue rangers.

I'd also love to see a man in space treasures dvd

assuming they only release four more in 2001 I"d like to see

Donald Duck in living color

Mickey Mouse in black and white (first 25-37 black and white shorts)

Goofy (first 24)

Man in space

Adam

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
In additon to all the animation listed, I'd love to see a set containing (at least):

Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow

Swamp Fox

(maybe Johnny Tremain)

I'd also love a separate release of Zorro (not colorized!). I agree that it wouldn't be appropriate for the Treasures series, though.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'd love to see a box set entitled "Disney Treasures: Disney's Big 80s", with specials from that time period (and lord, were there a lot.) Examples of what could be included (I'd want it to be a 8-disc set):

-"Disney's Totally Minnie" (music rights might be a problem. Songs by Janet Jackson, Elton John and The Pointer Sisters are included)

-"Here's To You, Mickey Mouse"

-"Disney's Captain EO: Grand Opening" (as a requirement: include "Captain EO" with modified effects)

-The DTV specials (Disney clips set to music from the 50s through the 80s. Rights may be a nightmare)

-"Disney's Golden Anniversary Of Snow White and The Seven Dwarves"

-"Disney's Living Seas" (Primo 80s right here, with appearances by Laura Branigan, Olivia-Newton John and Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon)

-"Disney's Magic In The Magic Kingdom"

-"Disneyland's Summer Vacation Party" (NBC might have problems with this one, and music rights could once again be a hassle)

-"Disneyland's 30th Anniversary Celebration

-"Donald Duck's 50th Birthday"

-"Down & Out With Donald Duck"

-"Ernest Goes To Splash Mountain"

-"The Fairest Of Them All" (More Snow White stuff)

-"Funny, You Don't Look 200: A Constitutional Vaudeville" (Trust me, it's related to Disney)

-"Our Planet Tonight" (Spoof from Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker...produced by Disney Television)

-"Disney Goes To The Oscars"

-"The Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park Grand Opening"

-"EPCOT Center: The Opening Celebration"

-"Great Moments In Disney Animation"

-"The Magical World Of Disney" (A special from 1988 celebrating the fact that the show would be on NBC)

-"Mickey's 60th Birthday"

-"Walt Disney World's 15th Birthday Celebration"

That's a lot of Disney Television (and admittedly, a lot of promo work as well). Explanations could be given for why these titles were included, and what went into them. I don't know what you could do for Easter Eggs, outside of theatrical trailers for Disney movies from the 80s (and why not...Touchstone trailers, too? Put 'em somewhere if you won't put 'em on the Touchstone discs themselves)

Sincerely,

John "List created with assistance from Bill Cotter's book 'The Wonderful World Of Disney Television'" Kilduff

Blu

Screenwriter
In additon to all the animation listed, I'd love to see a set containing (at least):

Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow

Swamp Fox

(maybe Johnny Tremain)

I forgot all about this series! I loved it when I saw it much like El Fego Bacca!

I had no idea there was THAT many episodes of Zorro but I would love to start seeing them on DVD if Disney decides to do that!

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Be sure to E-mail Disney and let them know you want more Treasures. I did that and got a nice E-mail back saying they were going to pass my E-mail along to their marketing department for future consideration.

Andrew

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
I would be happy if disney would EVER correct "Dinosaur" like they said they would, or how about an anamorphic "101 Dalmatians" to match my "102 Dalmatians". Nothing but a bunch of liars over there I tell ya!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, How about Song of the South with a Maltin intro. This would be the best way to handle a film Disney appears to want no part.

J

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Justin, I see you've already found the thread about Song of the South, since you posted in it.
For those of you who agree with Justin, check out this HTF page, then use the link in it to go cast your vote in favor of Disney releasing this title. I've done it, and wrote to 2 friends to ask them to vote.
Disney wants our input. Let's give it to them, in droves!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks