What's new

More Disney OAR/MAR nonsense (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We need to have a business card to hand to the store manager.
Make sure the business card is in Widescreen! :D
Here's an example (I, uh, threw it together in a hurry!):
[c]
WEC_Bus_Card.jpg
[/c]
We definately need a better logo. And a better graphic artist/designer. Where's Ric Easton at? :)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ok Dave,
you just volunteered as our official art-director/marketing guy :)
So who's in? I'm sure Steve O is in as this was his idea. Let's get a list of email addresses and names and start to hammer out exactly what to do. Should we just go with the name "Widescreen Educatioin Consortium"? Sounds good to me...informative but not threatening. Do we get it incorporated? We need to come up with cool logo...something that in its design demonstrates the advantages of widescreen...like a 16x9 box wtih a 4x3 window area shaded in the middle or something...
-dave

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Count me in on any efforts to create a lobbying group of sorts.

First, I don't think the primary goal should be widescreen education, as the title "Widescreen Educational Consortium" implies, though I defiently think it should be one of our goals. The primary goal should be ensuring OAR releases of all titles that are readily available for both rental and purchase, not just as extra expesive special editions that rental chains don't carry. Widescreen education may help that goal, but I don't think it should be the primary goal. Maybe "Widescreen Advocacy Group" would be better (it also has an acronymn that can be said as a word, WAG).

DaViD,

If you could detail what you have done on this, and what you are trying to accomplish now, that would be great.

Maybe we should try to get the membership of other forums in as well. I think they would be more likely to support this if they don't think they are just tagging along on an HTF run effort, and this is the type of thing that should include the whole OAR community. Hopefully getting Widescreen Advocate as our base of operations will help in that.

It sounds like you have gotten the ball rolling on this. Hopefully, with the support of the OAR community, we will be a voice the studios listen to.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
would buying white fang 2 send any kind of message?

would they get the message when white fang 2 sells twice as many units as white fang 1 with the P&S only?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Randy,

make sure you call Disney and tell them your thoughts directly. Tell them you would have bought the original white fang but you were upset to discover it's not 16x9 widescreen like the sequal. 1-800 number and email in my signature.

If you could detail what you have done on this, and what you are trying to accomplish now, that would be great.

Haven't done anything yet except think (fighting to get Muppet T.I. OAR 16x9 has taken most of my energy of late) but I *will* so something. I'm trying to talk the creater of the widescreen advocate web site to consider letting the "organization" use his site as the representative website.

I should get with Steve O who really came up with the idea and figure out what we need to do as far as "incorporating" the organization. Maybe when we reach that point we'll post a thread to get some direct feed-back about the name etc. If we could get some business cards with the logo, handouts with printed explainations of WS vs P/S (like you can print out on widescreen advocate) we'd be set.

Then the next step would be to convince retailers like Block Buster, Walmart, and Best Buy to let us set up brochure-holders in the DVD aisles that local WSA (widescreen advocates) would keep stocked. The occasional instore demo would also go a long way.

I think that someone doing a demo with a panny ae100 16x9 LCD to show off a "big screen" projection ws image would be an awesome experience for j6P who's never seen anything like that. In addition to showing j6p what a letterboxed movie looks like on his 4x3 TV, we need to show them the "future" we're all heading to. that wold generate a lot of enthusiasm for widescreen when j6p starts looking at his big-screen 4x3 set as a stop-gate/temporary display while he saves for his affordable 16x9 projector or HDTV. It's only $2000 for that little 16x9 Panny LCD and it blows away most 4x3 and 16x9 rear-projection sets (black level not included)!!!

-dave

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I already called and told them that i will not buy iether one until the fifst one gets the W/S anamorphic transfer, I told them that they lost sales om both of them.
I also called the tech dept. and complained that 1/3 of the movie was not showing up on my T.V.
He got all worried and asked what exactly am I seeing. I told him that all I could see was a P&S transfer and when will they release the W.S. :D

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I also called the tech dept. and complained that 1/3 of the movie was not showing up on my T.V.
He got all worried and asked what exactly am I seeing. I told him that all I could see was a P&S transfer and when will they release the W.S.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
LOL Randy, that's a real good one ! You got me really curious now, what did the tech say after you told him all you could see was a P&S transfer ?
bodymov'n :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks