What's new

More BBC (Britcom) titles coming! (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
"The Good Life" was called "Good Neighbors" when I watched it. And the co-workers one starring Penelope Keith was called "Executive Stress"
Thanks for the info. I know that the Good Life/Neighbors had one name in Britain and a different one when it was played here in syndication, although I don't remember which is which.
Your post also reminded me (when you mentioned France) of another one I liked with a British couple who move to France and had various interactions with the villagers, but I'm pretty sure it was contemporarily based, so I don't think it was Allo Allo.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Paul Busby

Agent
George, You're thinking of "A Year in Provence" about the travails of a British couple who have given up their fast-paced life in London and moved to the country--the Provence area of France. I think its quietly very funny. The best part is it's available on DVD from A&E here in the U.S.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I've been collecting my share of BBC/Grenada productions.

I have

All Peel/Steed Avengers

All Python

All Sharpes

All Brett Holmes released to date

BlackAdder

All Hornblower

I just ordered Jeeves and Wooster 1st and 2nd seasons.

I also ordered

I am waiting for A&E to box set Prisoner. I bought the Pythons as they came out, and now I see virtually all the episodes in a box set for $100 at CostCo. CRAP!!!!!

I want

Red Dwarf

Hitchhikers Guide

Reginald Perrin.

Because of my love of Atkinson I will pick up the Blue Line

if it gets boxed set released. A Bean box set as well, but that isn't high priority.

I also ordered Full Throttle. Is this an Atkinson comedy special???

What I also want, but dont have hope because the elements are too old, is a series I can't remember the name of. On the Python discs it mentioned that before Python 2 or 3 of them were involved on this series. Comedy variety/skits.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Well I realy would love to have these series on dvd :

Allo' Allo

Ain't Half Hot Mum

To The Manor Born

These three and especially Ain't half hot mum are my favourite british comedies.

There has always been talk about Allo Allo being released on dvd but since several months I never heard anything again.

So here's hoping.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Hitchikers Guide is out in Britain on 14th January, with various extras. Red Dwarf is supposedly not going to be released until after the feature film (I hope the script quality is better than the last couple of TV series). Reginald Perrin is, curiously enough, not all that popular in the UK these days (judging by its relative frequency of appearances on satellite) - more popular is Leonard Rossiter's other big TV hit, Rising Damp.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Rising Damp! Good lord, sir. I'd completely forgotten that one. I'd much rather have Perrin, but I'd buy this one pretty dang quick too.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget to pick up Jeeves and Wooster: The Complete Third Season when it's released on January 2, 2002.

Gord

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Time for my semi-annual request for "The Forsyte Saga," a twenty-six episode black and white adaptation of John's Galsworthy's great novels. It was the forerunner, and reason for, Masterpiece Theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks