What's new

Moonlighting Season 3 - Feb 7, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Can't wait for this. Agreed that Season 3 is one of the best seasons of TV, EVER. All of my favorite episodes are in this season.

I got the set of S1/S2 for Christmas last year, and while I enjoyed it for nolstagia's sake, some of the shows and gags have not aged well. The show during these seasons was more hit and miss, with all of the episodes having some great lines but few of them having great stories.

Season 3 worth getting for Atomic Shakespeare alone, but there are other awesome episodes as well.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Wow, that's something considering it wasn't released until the end of May this year! : )

Can you ask whoever gave it to you to get me the first two seasons of Get Smart this Christmas?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

I could NOT disagree with you more. It was evident from the very beginning that the series was something utterly transcendent.

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
I wish they would've also put on this set the original air version of "The Lady in the Iron Mask" to correct for the version that wound up on the first volume of Moonlighting (and featured a horribly inappropriate music cue throughout that completely ruined the comic tone of the episode, particularly during the climactic chase that on the aired episode was scored with the "William Tell Overture.")

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Target has season 1/2 on sale for $30 this week.

Would you recommend checking this set out? I have only seen one episode, which I thought was neat but at the same time I wasn't really into it because I wasn't already familiar with the show, even tho it's one of the most beloved episodes of the series (Atomic Shakespeare). I have heard so much good about the show from people who generally share the same tastes I do. I like Remington Steele (which a lot of people consider similar) but seemed to miss Moonlighting when it was on (my family watched NBC and only NBC during the 1980's, it wasn't until Roseanne that I started watching ABC) but for $30 and knowing that season 3 is coming soon makes me wonder if it would be worth a shot.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Moonlighting is well-worth buying, watching, re-watching, yes.

I'm not all THAT familiar with Remington Steele (saw some), but I think it's a very safe bet, yes- that if you liked that show... you should love Moonlighting.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I would say definately you will like it if you enjoy Remington Steele. I would also say you would enjoy Hart 2 Hart all 3 shows pretty similar. Moonlighting is the best of the 3 IMO but i love all three shows.

DianaM

Agent
In my opinion, Moonlighting is a much better show than Remington Steele. Your money will be well spent if you buy the DVDs.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
guys, just wanna let you know I picked it up when it was on sale at Target and I LOVE it. I like Remington Steele, but I have to say that I think Moonlighting is even better, the episodes have less dead-space in them while some of the Steele episodes could lose 10 minutes, I've watched all season 1 and a few season 2 episodes so far and not one episode have I gotten bored with during any point of the episode. I dunno what it is, I am usually not a fan of detective style shows, but the ones from the 1980's that have humor injected into it I love, like Moonlighting, RS and Simon And Simon (and even Murder She Wrote had some funny moments in most episodes. The episodes where Angela played two characters were mostly played for laughs). I think I am going to finish my collection with season 3 because I don't want to experience the downfall the show had because it's good episodes are just fantastic and I have never heard good things about the last two seasons.

Season 3 is definately in my plans to get when it comes out.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I'm also looking forward to this release to join my S1/S2 and my other favorites of a similar genre: The Avengers and Partners in Crime :D

Patrick.C

Second Unit
All very good news. Bruce and Cybill doing a commentary together is a nice, unexpected suprise, as is Mark Harmon doing one. This is how TV on DVD sets should be done. I wish they were all this good.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Well, I wish all TV shows were this good. You are talking about one of the premiere shows of the 80s so it deserves this treatment.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Nice interview Diana ! I'm looking forward to picking up the set on tuesday!

DianaM

Agent
Thank you Greg_P. Cybill is really a gracious lady. Can't wait to see the two of them reunited and bantering.
:D

DianaM

Agent
Attention LA area fans:

ALLYCE BEASLEY and CURTIS ARMSTRONG

SIGNING DVD COPIES OF MOONLIGHTING SEASON 3

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH 7:00 PM

ROCKET VIDEO
726 N. LA BREA AVENUE
323-965-1100

ADMISSION:FREE

I'll be there too hanging out with Allyce and Curtis. If you live in the area, stop on by and get your DVD signed.

Diana
www.moonlighting21.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks