What's new

Moon - Starring Sam Rockwell (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I saw it at SXSW last month and it is, in fact, excellent. I don't want to even look at a trailer because I don't know if you can make one without spoiling one of the major plot twists - the movie front-loads them, so that you can watch stuff play out rather than frantically try and put together how it all connects.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Looks like it's hitting theaters on June 12th. But I don't know if it's going to be a limited or wide release.

Edit: I hadn't seen the trailer for Pandorum until now but.....um......wow! Creepy.

Brian D H

Second Unit

As someone who knows nothing about this movie except for the trailer, I can say that it doesn't appear to spoil anything. It DOES make you go "WTF?!!"; but, I can't tell if I'm seeing spoilers or just images of things that are meant to mislead either the audience or the main character.

It's a great trailer that makes me want to see the film.

JoeStemme

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joseph
- Even at the time this seemed like a nice 'throwback' feature more reliant on plot and character than flashy CGI and 'exciting' action scenes. The story is certainly interesting. It takes on the ideas of AI, cloning and space explorations in a nice way. Sam Rockwell does well heading the small cast. Kevin Spacey's voice is obtrusive, not just because it's Spacey, but because the 'name' voice intrudes upon the low-key setup (and, of course, his inclusion is even more dicey today).

The movie works in a sort of Twilight Zone kind of way. It's low key, and makes good use of it's budget. Director Duncan Jones (son of a certain Space Oddity named David Bowie) shows some care and attention to detail (his follow-up, SOURCE CODE, did as well). Clint Mansell's score is exceptional. The special effects aren't the most ambitious but neatly fit the package. SF fans will dig all the references to 2001, BLADE RUNNER, DARK STAR etc., and it holds up even better on second watch.

MOON is currently available to stream on HBO Max and for cheap rental. It's on DVD, Blu Ray and 4K UHD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks