What's new

Monty Python and the Holy Grail...Again? (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Having been through this before I have found the following showing a release date of 10/3:
DVDPacific.com
HookMeUpHomeTheater.com
Overstock.com
BestBuy.com
CircuitCity.com
DVDEmpire.com
VideoUniverse.com

2 sites that either are not listing it or giving a different release date:
Amazon.com
DVDPlanet.com

Also looked at some different MP websites and have not seen any mention of this release. Especially on the main MP site.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Prepare to be amazed: it's fixed!

And yes, the transfer claims to be 1.66:1. I don't have the old disc so I can't compare framing...

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor

Good enough for me. I preordered mine from Amazon.com for $13.99 so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it actually gets shipped since they have it showing January 2010!

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Awesome news-thanks Colin!

Like Bob I have the "2010" release on pre-order at Amazon. I'm still doing the Amazon Prime trial and all my other 10/3 releases are slated to come from them, so worst-case I'll just pick this up at retail Tuesday. Looks like Best Buy, Walmart and Target will all have it in their ads for 19.99.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
1.66:1? Is that the original theatrical AR for this film? IMDB says 1.85:1, but we all know they are unreliable at times.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I assume that it is indeed a new transfer after all because on the second disc (as well as the entire music cd third disc) all of the features that weren't on the 2001 disc have a nice big yellow "NEW" next to them and the only thing on disc one that has this statement is the film itself.....looks like they actually did update the transfer. Cool, glad to be wrong.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
It's most definitely a new transfer -- 1.66 as opposed to 1.85.

As far as how it was shot, do not trust the IMDB. Many times they accept information on the basis of anyone submitting it! The movie could well have been shot at 1.66 like so many films and then matted to 1.85 for theatrical exhibition -- also enabling it to play at 1.33 for TV.

Either way I'm guessing this 1.66 is "THE" correct ratio or they probably would not have bothered re-doing it in that format.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
This is madness! Rebuying the same damn movie over and over. They have us and know it! :eek: I've 1 VHS for this one and 2 DVD releases. Insane.

*preorders next DVD release*

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Isn't 1:66 a European standard.....or was it 1:78....or....was that only a TV standard for some UK countries.....or.....or....AHHHHHHHH!

My eyes have gone crossed!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well could someone with the new disc and an older one see if there's more info on the new one, as opposed to additional cropping?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks