What's new

Monkees Season 2 box-set problems (1 Viewer)

I purchased the season 2-box set yesterday and I experienced a pixlation problem on the 3rd disc.After the opening credits of the episode,"Fairy Tale",when Peter offers his help to princess Mike,the picture froze a few times and then pixilated into the next scene where Micky greets the princess's guards.I switched dvd players,from a PANASONIC S35 progressive-scan player to a TOSHIBA SD-2150.On my Toshiba,the episode ran without any sudden freeze or pixlation but on my Panasonic,it's there in plain sight.Today I went to a S.C.store to exchange the disc's.When I promptly inserted the disc,with the "Fairy Tale"episode,into my Panasonic,the same thing happened again.A different scene where the Fairy of the locket meets the boys.The reason I posted this thread is because I've heard the stories about THE MEANING OF LIFE special edition 2-disc set and about progressive-scan players that
supposedly won't play these discs without some sort of defect or another.I've had my PANASONIC for about 3 or 4 months now and now with my problems with the Monkees box set,I have to ask this..is it the dvd player that i'm using or is it just plain ol'rotten luck with buying DVDs,of late.Sorry to ramble on like this.I'm a new fellow to these neck of the woods.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Mike.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

It sounds like you have run into a bad batch of discs. If there's a different store (Best Buy, etc.) in the area, try that one. I ran into this with Season Seven of the X-Files. I had to go through three different sets before finally taking it to another store to get one that worked. Manufacturing defects like that often go through a series of sets (say in a bad production run), not just a single one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks