What's new

Monk Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think I have laughed more this season than others. I really felt bad for Monk though when he lost his chance to win at something but really loved all the trophies he was given to put on his mantle. "I am going to have to get a larger mantel!!" was great.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
7-29-06

'Mr. Monk Can't See a Thing'

Poor Adrian lol, he loses his sight and the best idol he could choose to admire is Mr. Magoo. :laugh:

It was nice to see that he didn't lose any of his detective prowess after becomg blind, though.

It was also nice to see Art Evans again, I hadn't seen him in anything for a few years, he's looking well.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I loved the bit on the I-beam. They managed to "do" a classic Mr. Magoo bit without doing something as unbelievable and cartoony as having him actually wander out a moving beam on a crane high above the site. (And head-faked us by sending the killer up the stairs then having Monk stumble into the defective elevator, priming us to expect a really Magoo-like sequence.) The whole moment was absolutely real for Monk, of course, and there was the added irony that he was the only one in the show or watching it who didn't know he as re-enacting a classic Magoo situation.

Regards,

Joe

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually Im enjoying this season more then any other so far. The show is hitting its high stride.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mr. Monk, Private Investigator is one of the best episodes in a long, long time.

Natalie's line about her English grandfather: "He started a toothpaste company in England, how optimistic is that?" had me in stitches.

Is the show taking a new direction? It seemed like a double set-up: Monk getting his own business and the Cap'n getting a new lady friend.

Anybody notice Adrian taking a couple huge leaps in confidence the last two episodes? Last week he shot the bad guy and this week he dived into the water?

Back to Stanley Kamel...he's looked bad the last two episodes he was in; like he's had facial steroid injections. I hope he's not sick, but it does seem his role is significantly reduced this year.

Steve

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I never watched this show before this season, but I find myself coming back fairly often.

Count me in as one who'd like to see the show divide itself between police cases and private cases from here on out. You know they didn't put together that office set for nothing.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually love the idea of Adrian setting up his owning private investigation agency, because now he can have cases, other than murder, cases, just walk into his office.

I think it was a way of allowing him to do more with his talent than just solve murders, it'll be nice to see him handle other types of cases, too.

I'm happy for the captain, he and Sharon Lawrence seem to have a spark between them. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks