What's new

Modem for a Mac (1 Viewer)

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

You know, Ron and Parker have done an admirable job over the years keeping the riff raff out of the forum. I'm not sure how you managed to slip through the cracks.

It seems to me that your only interest on the forum is to start threads under the pretext of finding solutions to problems, but in the end you just wind up trying to bait the individuals here into throwing their arms up in frustration. Does that give you some sort of sense of empowerment? Kind of a shame that you've found a respected forum such as this to try and get your jollies on.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
There's nothing 'jollious' about this thread, in fact, this thread has kept me from coming here as often.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Bobby, don't take this as a slam...You need some grownin' up to do.

Again, that's not meant as a slam, it's more constructive criticism. Most members here are older and prefer to converse in a respectful manner. Your posts are a bit childish and have that young attitude of "I know everything" (which won't sit very well with a lot of members here). That may work on other forums where the majority of members are teens that just waist time on insults back and forth, but here, members don't like to waste time on childish back-and-forths.

I've tried to help you out and you immediately went on the defensive and told me I had low standards. That's not the way to discuss things around here. Again, that kind of attitude might fly on the other forums, but this forum isn't like most forums.

That's probably why a lot of your threads end pretty bad.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Sorry 'bout that, I just get defensive when I feel cornered...

That seems very familiar :D

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Your original post didn't say "I need a computer to run Halo 2". It said that you wanted to hook a cable modem to an Ethernet-equipped Mac to be able to get to the Internet.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Some older Macs came with built-in modems. A lot didn't. I have a Mac Plus, a Quadra 660av, and a PowerMac 8600 that belong to the "didn't" group.

Built-in modems were real common in the G4 era.

These days, Jobs wants the modem to die, DIE, DIE!!! (just like floppies), so you have to buy a $50 external USB modem to do dial-up on a new Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks