What's new

MLB 2011 Regular Season (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Liked Steiner. The Yankee radio guy and the White Sox' Harrelson are the worst I have ever heard. They will both never stop with the ridiculous calls because ESPN and the MLB TV net continue to use their junky catch phrases for sound bites.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

Liked Steiner.

In the right situation, Steiner is fine.

But, with Sterling & Steiner you had two extremely strong play-by-play men paired together and their personalities competed with each rather than complementing each other.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Robert Crawford said:
I thought you were a Red Sox fan?

As John Sterling would often say, "you can't predict baseball".
Robert, Yes, most definitely. But living in Michigan for the past twenty years, I do root for Detroit teams to do well, and the 1968 series (with the Tigers coming back from 1-3 to win behind Lolich et al.) is a memory I have cherished for many years. But my heart will always be with the Boston teams.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Looks like I'm going to have to root for the Tigers or Rangers in the WS.

Me too, as I just can't get myself to root for either of the NL teams leftover. I may lean towards the Tigers, though.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like Theo might be leaving Boston for Chicago. Good for him as he can be his own man there without LL looking over his shoulder.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't see the point in a postseason thread with the World Series tied up 2-2, but it's been a tight World Series this year, 2 close games split to start the WS, and then a laugher with Pujols going deep 3 times in game 3, and now the Rangers shut out/down the Cards in game 4. It's still anyone's championship.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
yeah it's a very close series. makes me wish i had a rooting interest. but regardless, let's hope this makes it to game 7!

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I am not sure if their is a thread for the MLB PLAYOFF. I was surprised that there were no comments about the world series Game 6. If you look at the link:

http://tracking.si.com/2011/10/28/dallas-fox-station-alerted-viewers-that-the-rangers-had-won-the-world-series-in-the-9th-inning/?sct=mlb_t2_a11

It stated that the Texas team had won the World series (BEFORE the 9th inning had ended!).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Sumnernor .

I ended up switching between game 6 and the Halloween marathon. When the Rangers went up 7-4, I thought they had that game in the bag.

Well, congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals for winning the 2011 World Series. Not easy for me to say, as they did it at the expense of the Phillies, who should have been there.

Wow, this thread is only 5 pages, even less than the Breaking Bad thread.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I've been meaning to write this sooner. I must assume not many people saw Game 6 pf the world series.ö It was one of the best games ever. Twice St. Louis late in the 9th and 10th innings had 2 outs and 2 strikes. 3 Strikes would have made Texas the champion but they didn't get it. In the 11th inning, St. Louis got a walkoff homer run to win. I am surprised that there was no real comment about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks