What's new

ML Baseball 2005 Playoff thread (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

…yeah, I don’t even know when my favorite team is playing and then when I tune in they blow a 5 run lead. If I’m such a jinks I should use my powers for good and cheer for the Yankees.

Oh, and some good natured humor from my NFL draft commentary partner is always welcome.

Bases full of Braves in the top of the 14th and they get...nothing.

1, 2, 3 in the bottom of 14 and now we’re in inning 15. A few more innings and we’ll have seen games 4 and 5 in 1 day.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My prediction was just 1 inning too soon as Devine gives up the homer in his 2nd inning of "work".

Congrats, Astros!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
did Kelvim Escobar change the prnounciation of his name when he went to LA? in his years in Toronto it was always Kelvim like "Kevin" (short 'i'), but Fox kept on saying "Kelveem"

also, Posada looked out :P

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Time to bring out the foreign bald amputee mascot of the "7th inning hope to get the opposing pitcher out delay" for an encore. God Bless America... :D

I heard Cashman wants to go to Philly. ;) Georgie Porgie is down almost a Billion $ this millenium and he's angry.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: to O.C. and the Angels

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
ESPN described the game as being "in San Diego". I hate it when people are so clueless.

Congrats to the Angels!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Atleast the Yankees didn't get swept ;)

My prediction of the Angels vs Astros WS is holding true. We can't jump up and down and proclaim that big $$$ baseball is dead because the Angels have a hefty payroll. I think it's 3rd behind the Red Sox and Yankees who are both out of the playoffs. That could be a sign of things to come ....

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Angels are 4th in payroll this year, according to this list.

Nobody can really expect the playoffs to feature an even distribution of teams all along the payroll ladder, inevitably the teams that spend more will have a better chance. Although the Astros and White Sox are close to the middle of the pack, 12th and 13th overall (Cardinals are 6th). The payroll-related satisfaction of the Yankees losing is that they spend SO much more than everyone else, with an obvious win-the-WS-or-bust mentality each season, and yet they still haven't done it in 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks