What's new

ML Baseball 2005 discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
At least Milton Bradley showed enough restraint not to even attempt to throw a punch, let alone one with a baseball.

Oh yeah, that was at Yankee Stadium.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of poundings, although of the on field variety, Atlanta hit 5 Homers in their game with the Phillies, Furcal had 2 of them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope there are some more hits in those bats for the weekend games for the Braves...

Hell, even Mondesi went yard tonight!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yankee fans are just as bad.

Derek Lowe pitched a gem for the Dodgers tonight on Jackie Robinson day. Jeff Kent is their team MVP at this point.

In other news, Ben Sheets signed a 4 yr 38 million dollar deal with the Brewers.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
what the heck?!

I didn't realize Lowe was pitching last night. Dang! Missed that gem for my fantasy team. Sucks to be me.

_Man_

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

When I saw Flutie make the catch I said the same thing. The reason NESN had someone there so fast is because the NESN guy, usually Eric Frede, is stationed about 10 feet from where Flutie was sitting.

I have first row seats for tommorow's game vs. Toronto in the 3rd base field boxes. I wonder if I'll get crucified for going after a foul ball.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Sweep. The Baltimore ;) , uhm, the Red Sox sweep the D-Rays again. Up next, Yankee Killer aka AL East killer aka Mr. .385, Shea Hillenbrand, and the Second Place Blue Jays.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I saw the end of that Braves game. I'd rather keep Hawkins.:D

As soon as Nomar starts hitting the NL central better look out!!:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kolb is simply walking too many batters, and doesn't have lights-out stuff to overcome the walks, and the Braves starters are suffering for his deficiencies so far.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes that was painful to watch.

In other news: The Dodgers sweep the Padres. Drew finally woke up. Jeff Kent has made up for his slack though. He's been their MVP thus far and Jeff Weaver continues to impress. The more I see of him the more I think that he just couldn't handle the NY fans/pressure/media. Could have been a fluke year too who knows. He didn't stay for long.

Also, Scott Rolen is back on track. He's been hitting lights out this weekend.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
The Sox move ahead of former 2nd Place Toronto. Squeeking by 12-7 thanks to Manny's second 2 Hr game. AL East Killer a.k.a. Shea Hillenbrand continued his domination going 4-4 with a HBP as well. :D

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
My seats today were on the 3rd base side, 1st row halfway into the outfield. Manny was about 40 feet away from me and when he dropped the ball, twice, we gave him a rousing ovation after he finally made a catch. He responded by waving, shrugging his shoulders and laughing. When he hit the 2nd homer, and it was definitely a HR, we gave the ump all kinds of grief for initially calling it a double. It was a long game but a great time. The Navy Fighter Jets that flew over were awesome.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hudson is a stud! Too bad the no-pop-in-the-bats Braves can't get the ball out of the infield to plate a measly run home as Hudson is putting up zeros on the scoreboard. Hudson deserves better this season.

(Update: Yay! a Braves rookie, I think, drove out of the park for the only run of the game in the 12th, and Kolb actually saved a game, though it was a chore to watch as he continued to struggle with his control)

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to chime in on the agreement that all teams have fans that are morons; but getting back to Yankees fans...

In one incident someone threw a knife at Wally Joyner in Yankee stadium.

There is the battery throwing incident mentioned earlier...

Dwight Evans once had a beer dumped on him by a "nice" Yankees fan; He promptly responded by hitting a 3 run dinger.

Ans lastly, in my one trip to Yankee stadium I witnessed the fans in the bleachers stealing a Toronto Blue Jays fan's hat and promptly throwing it out onto right field...

and in the same game I witnessed another Blue Jays fan who was female rooting for her team (and she was not taunting anyone, just saying things like, go Blue Jays! and applauding when they scored a run) and some yahoo took offense and proceeded to threaten her and then moved towards her to kick her a$$ (this guy was not joking or playing either). Luckily there was a large fan close by who intervened and kept the guy away.

Granted, I don't condone anyone interfering with a player (not even a kid leaning over the field of play in the world series and keeping the outfielder from making a catch, wait didn't that happen at Yankee stadium also?) by taking a wussy halfhearted swipe him while trying to field a ball, but look in your own house before making judgements about those 'classy' fans of other teams. Every team has moronic crappy fans, period.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Latest news from the fan/Sheffield incident is the fan who struck Sheffield had his season tickets revoked and the fan who threw the beer cannot purchase any more tickets this year. Good stand taken by the Sox management.

Can someone tell me - Did the sportswriter who wrote a column calling for Yankee fans to hurl batteries at Pedro Martinez have his press pass revoked? (Serious question)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I hear Georgie is pissed today because even when this year's team wins it only brings back memories of the greatest choke in the history of baseball. :D

Nineteeeeen, AAAAATE!!!!!!! Nineteeeeen, AAAAATE!!!!!!!!!! Nineteeeeen, AAAAATE!!!!!!!!!! Nineteeeeen, AAAAATEEE!!!!!!! Nineteeeeen, AAAAATE!!!!!!!!!! Nineteeeeen, AAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

Of course not. He's not the only one either in the NY press to pull this crap. This is the team that gave Jeffrey Maier front row seats the next day. Did they fine or suspend Nelson and Garcia during the playoffs for attacking a bullpen attendant? No. I hope the flight attendants countersue Sheffield next time he pulls this bogus stunt claiming they ripped his ____ open.

Posada spit on an the umpire, got a paltry suspension and then had that reduced. Clemens got to throw balls and bats at Piazza. Rivera got to throw at Hillenbrand. Bob Watson is a fraud. Milton Bradley did not hit a fan and got suspended for the most important two series of the year. Sheffield hits a fan and you know Georgie told Watson to give him nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks