1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing seperate audio/video sources

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by kavorka19, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kavorka19

kavorka19 Member

Hello everyone. I recently received a refurbished Denon AVR-1612 this past Christmas as a gift and had a quick question. I have a PS3 hooked up to it and when I play it, I like to blast some music while I play. I can't seem to figure out how to get the receiver to play the PS3 video, but play the tuner or iPod audio. Is something like this possible? If so, could someone help walk me through how to set this up? Please & thank-you!

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Connect your Ipod to a REAR audio only input. Tuner won't work and neither will the front(cause it has video).

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Didn't realize the 1612 was "that" basic. Your only hope is to connect your Ipod to "Dock" and hope it isn't "meant" to be used with a composite. (The S-video is marked dock, so maybe you can't with the 1612)

4. UKben

UKben Member

Hi im new how do i post a new thread thi g?

5. gene c

gene c Well-Known Member

Gene
    First, choose the appropriate forum (Begginers, Recievers, Speakers, etc), then click on the "Start A New Thread" tab on the upper left of the page, fill in the Title and type away. Then click on the Submit tab of course.