What's new

Mitsubishi WD-62725 DLP TV turning off by itself.... (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Well if the set is working, why worry about a glowing light?? Cover it up and enjoy the TV until it finally dies.

Wirivera71

Auditioning
Real Name
Wanda
I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi model # 65735. It doesn't turn on it sounds like it turn on but has no picture. it blinks green where it says timer next to the power button. What do you think it could be? Is it worth fixing?

hallzy

Auditioning
Real Name
DaveH
Same thing for me as well with my WD-60737. Automatically shuts off after 5 minutes. I've replaced the bulb and moved the TV away from the wall for air flow. Any other suggestions?

jlittrell

Auditioning
Real Name
Jared
tv-tech said:
Teresa,

It sounds like a lamp. What model do you have?

Jim
Jim,

I have the WD-62725 and ours is doing the same thing. Keeps turning off and sometimes will turn on with no picture only sound. Mitsubishi had replaced the lamp previously and I have made the comment to my wife it seems like the picture is getting darker. Do the lamps go out more often the older the tv gets?

Jared

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
jlittrell said:
Jim,
I have the WD-62725 and ours is doing the same thing. Keeps turning off and sometimes will turn on with no picture only sound. Mitsubishi had replaced the lamp previously and I have made the comment to my wife it seems like the picture is getting darker. Do the lamps go out more often the older the tv gets?
Jared
Depends if you bought a French OEM bulb or an aftermarket.

French bulbs rarely ever dim more than 10% before they implode at 2500-3500 hours.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
French bulbs rarely ever dim more than 10% before they implode at 2500-3500 hours.

Typical lamps dim to about 70% of original light output at 70% of stated life. ....which is when a lamp should be replaced.

burgerbob23

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
I'm currently working on my WD-62725, I had the error of the green blinking light, I read that it most likely is the Power DM board's capacitors need to be replaced.

Basically any capacitors that are bulging I need to replace with a new 105 C degree type. They're really cheap, I watched this video on what to look for. Very important to solder properly and put the polarity (neg & positive) in the right direction according to the board. (the video demonstrates it)

I'm still in the process of fixing my tv but now as I was about to get to the DM Board I'd thought I'd try to make sure when I plug in the TV to see if I'm still getting the blinking green lights. However now it's a solid amber (Orange) light and I press Menu & Device for 5 secs and no code comes on.

So I read around and they say I need to replace the thermal capacitor, I found one off ebay for $5.10 from here http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-WD-62725-TEMPERATURE-SENSOR-TRS5-60BLRU-/111386266961

I'll keep you posted with my progress also it was a real pain in the ass to unscrew all these screws by hand, so I borrowed an electric drill and it's so much better. I think it's absolutely necessary to use an electric drill for this.

Also this website is good for looking up codes

http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/2014/10/error-codes-front-led-blinking-codes.html

And I found this manual to be extremely helpful

https://mega.nz/#!ilwDSAoY!DUvMkXshWgUabxr1an_91kABJJL450AAzK46GX3Fmb8

wd-62725_10_21_2015.JPG

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I bought a Mits WD-62628 in 2006. Worked pretty flawlessly minus new bulb purchases every 3 to 5 years or so until about 2015. Started having the problem everyone has expressed...picture freezes, cuts off, green light blinks, goes quiet. Finally, in January 2019 it stopped working completely when a Mits approved tech came out for $75 to look at periodic cutoff problem. He turned it on, pressed buttons on the remote, and that's the last time we saw a picture or heard audio until March 2020, when I got a mainboard installed that I had bought on eBay for $119. He had said I had 3 options - toss it in the trash and buy a new TV at the Best Buy as they may still have Christmas sales, scrounge around the internet for a mainboard replacement (he said it was a bad mainboard causing the problem), or he could fix it for a lot of money. So, the TV has been working for about 2 weeks after I had it apart, put back together with replacement board and cleaned the inside as much as I could, and it cut off tonight, making my stomach sink about as low as it could go. We moved this TV downstairs to a large room from a hanging shelf I rigged that was over the stairs. Replacing bulbs and repair was too much work in that location. Now, it's 113lbs. sits on a long credenza and is easy to get to the back. I'm looking at a Samsung QN65Q80R 56lb. to put upstairs where this Mits used to be. I hate to get rid of the big beast, but if it dies again, I don't know what to replace next! These had inherent design problems for so many of them to do this. Mits should've sent out notice to all owners about it. I wasn't even aware of the 3 year extension on the warranty. Won't buy another one of their products.

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Mitsubishi TV shut down cause: "TV will shut down in a few seconds. Please check if the air flow is blocked" Folks, this happened to my TV, except it would do it once in a blue moon when the tv was new, so no worries, then as I replaced the lamp over the next few years it started happening more and more, so I did the research and found out that it was a known problem in with Mitsubishi extended the warranty on for an extra year (3 years). This didn't help me as my TV turned 7 years old by the time I got fed up with the problem. In a 2007 Mitsubishi Service Tip: VS-72C the problem is identified. All authorized tv repair shops should know about it, and if they don't tell them about this service tip. CURE: Replace the Lamp Thermal Sensor, located on the Lamp Cartridge Housing, with the new version, p/n 299P313010A, which is the new and improved connection. This is a simple fix, and should cost you about $80 for the service call and $40 for the part. I did this a few weeks ago Feb. 2013. Google part number: 299P313010A for a list of retailers selling the part. For about $120 you can get your TV back, or better yet, buy one really cheap and fix it for $120! A 65 inch DLP is an awesome TV with awesome picture quality. Well worth the repair! :)

Johnny, Did you replace the thermal sensor yourself? If you did, can you do it without taking the entire back panel off?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think it's time to punt. You're throwing good money after bad.

Seriously, you won't believe how much better TVs are today.

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Thanks, JohnRice. I'm right there with you...logically. It's the thought of this huge TV, where somewhere above 95% of its components work as they should, and only one is causing this malfunction, sitting on the curb and adding to a landfill, bothers me. We are buying a new TV for our main viewing (looking at a Samsung QN65Q80R 65" Class Q80R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV), and the Mits will be downstairs used when it works (like now) and will be a personal/fun project to keep it going if not too expensive. If a $35 heat sensor fixes it, I'm good to tinker with it. A $2000+ TV in 2006 when we purchased it is worth a little time and a few sheckles if I can get it to operate. Any recommendations on the Samsung above, or any other 65" TV that's not overpriced for the quality one gets? I may love that TV so much that we donate the Mits DLP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks