What's new

MITSUBISHI STB SR-HD5 some complaints (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i have had this for about 3 weeks now and i've noticed some things i don't like
the menus are amazingly slow. it adds channels by itself to the channel lists. and now it seems that when watching ota digital or hd programming that there is a lip synch problem. the mouths move before the words come out. but it varies... sometimes its real close but sometimes its off by a second or maybe alittle more.
i've read about the slow menus but not the lip synch prob.
think i have a bad box?

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I have had my box for about 6 months now. I love it.
The speed of my menus are fine. I have seen the speed of the RCA box and the Mits box blows it away. It also depends on what menu you are using.
AS for the adding channels I found my kids where hitting the favorite button. You have I belive 5 menus to set up from so you could do movies as favorite 1 and sports favorite 2 etc. If its on all channels it will show all channels even the ones that are added.
the lip sync problem I have not notice it one bit.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well it turns out that the lip prob was local with abc philly.
butwhat do you mean by depends on what menu you use?
i hit the button that says guide right in the middle of the top and the menu comes up in about a second or 2 then when i try to scroll forward or to the right to get whats coming on later it takes forever to scroll. if i hit the right scroll button a couple times it will be 5 to 10 seconds beofre it catches up to were i stopped scrolling and if i try to hit the exit button nothing happens until it stops scrolling. i cant even hit the power to turn it off, wont do anything till done scrolling.
------------------
"who needs padding when you can have quality over quantity? more isn't always better." just my 2 cents on post count padders.-----

Bill Hollifield

Auditioning
The Mits HD box has a fair amount of program guide flexibility and to get the most guide surfing speed requires a certain amount of ongoing maintenance.
A user can configure four user guides of one's choice. For example, I have HDTV, Music, Sports, Family and the default All Channels. One has to take the time to manually set the guide name and desired channels. You scroll through the guides by selecting the favorite button. the selected guide title is shown in the top left of the guide.
There is a Turbo Tune that permit nine frequently used channels to be programmed. The turboguide even shows the program name for the cursor highlighted channel.
Additionally, you can seive any guide by the action button then movies, news or sports button for example. So if you were on the All Channels guide and wanted to see what movies were on, use the above sequence. However, remember if you had the News guide and selected movies, the results would probably be nothing.
By configuring the unit to your preferences, you minimize the impact of the massive APG for all D* channels as well as your local channels and get faster response. As a general rule, the Mits has good guide performance. However if I am on All Channels, I get the performance you described.
Lastly the ongoing maintenance, D* frequently adds/deletes channels, especially sports. These unfortunately show up on all guides. I remove these weekly to keep the performance up and keep my guide clean or specific to my veiwing prferences.
WildBill
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks