1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi HC4900 vs. HC5000

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Nathan Stohler, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Nathan Stohler

Nathan Stohler Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm almost done constructing my home theater. Carpet installers are coming Wednesday, and my furniture will be delivered next Wednesday (6/25). Now, all I need to do is order my projector, mount and screen. After researching off and on for a few weeks, I'm trying to decide between the Mitsubishi HC4900 and HC5000.

I'm leaning toward the HC5000, which I can get at 6ave.com for $1900. It has better reviews and specs than the HC4900, not to mention that I can't find the HC4900 for less than $2200 (I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it for $1500 after rebate in March). The only plus for the HC4900, as far as I can tell, is the inorganic LCD panels, which are supposed to resist degradation, as opposed to the organic LCD panels in the HC5000.

Can anyone tell me if this issue (organic vs. inorganic) is anything to worry about? Is it just a marketing thing, or is it a legitimate concern?

Thanks.
    --Nathan

2. Nathan Stohler

Nathan Stohler Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Both the HC5000 and HC4900 have inorganic LCD panels. I don't know where I got the idea that they were different in this regard. Please ingore this post.

In fact, moderators, if you can delete this post, please do.

Thanks.